• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFP Semifinals part deux: 3 Ohio State vs 2 Clemson 800 PM EST

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

What is this targeting poo in college?

It’s been in the college game for many years. It’s more designed in that instance to protect the Clemson player. That dude tackling like that is lucky they are not bringing out the cart and asking him if he can wiggle his toes. 

How is anyone claiming that it isn’t targeting? He clearly lead with the crown of the helmet. Illegal hit in college ball. Same type of hit they ejected Wade for last year in this same game.

Great toughness by Fields but he should sit the rest of the way for his own safety. 

Targeting - NCAA Rule Book 2019

Rule 9 - Conduct of Players and Others Subject to the Rules

Section 1. Personal Fouls

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

--------------------------------------

You may not like it and think it's soft, but it was the right call from the rulebook.

Just now, MHS831 said:

It could.  That was an old school hit---was celebrated in my day---and I turned out totally normal.

Most people don’t end up totally normal from consistent hits like that though. It’s to protect the guy hitting and the guy getting hit. 

Archived