• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts at #8

chknwing

I would have loved this pick if we had Justin Herbert on the roster lol. Now I think it's either QB or a blue chip defensive player in the first round. I know everyone is banging the table for offensive line but why beef up a line with nothing to protect?

21 minutes ago, chknwing said:

As I watched the games this year, the glaring need for a TE was obvious.  Carolina has had literally nothing at TE since Olsen left.  Having a true threat at TE would vault Bridgewater on to a whole new level.  With Mcaffrey out most of the season, defenses attacked the qb more so as there was no threat of Mccaffrey getting behind them.  But what happens when you add a playmaking TE that can get behind that rush for Bridgewater to throw it over the top of the rush to.  Well now you give the defense something else to think about.  With Mccafrey coming back, the emergence of Samuel and Davis in this offense, and adding a true play making TE will give us an offense we haven't seen in a long time.  

We already had 4 guys go over 1000 yards, without maybe the most dangerous weapon in the NFL all season.  Lack of adequate weapons is NOT the issue with this team.  Having a QB who is not afraid to take risks and push those weapons down the field is.

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Along with a top 5 defense like he had with the Vikings. Like he said yesterday, he made it to the playoffs only throwing 15 TDs before. Why couldn’t it work again? 

Because the entire league has changed dramatically since then?

I’m all for it only if somehow we have a plan to trade back up into late in the first to select Mac Jones but of course it’s unlikely that he drops that far.

Right now more realistic is that we get Wilson or Fields by trading up to #3 or selecting Trey Lance at #8, even then Lance could be gone as well if Detroit selects a QB in front of us.  To secure one of the top 4, we have to trade up at least to #5 with the Bengals. 

14 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Teddy just needs

-a top 2 running back

-a great oline

To go along with the best receiving core top to bottom and he may preform better

And a top 5 D to protect him because that offense is still not going to put up a ton of points. He had the best RB in football and a top 5 D in Minnesota and they were still one and done in the playoffs. They were 31st in the league in passing yardage that season. This narrative that Teddy didn't work out in Minnesota due to the injury really isn't accurate. They were likely closing in on moving on from Teddy due to football reasons anyway.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And a top 5 D to protect him because that offense is still not going to put up a ton of points. He had the best RB in football and a top 5 D in Minnesota and they were still one and done in the playoffs. They were 31st in the league in passing yardage that season. This narrative that Teddy didn't work out in Minnesota due to the injury really isn't accurate. They were likely closing in on moving on from Teddy due to football reasons anyway.

If they were not close to moving on from him, they would have waited the injury out and reintroduced him as the starter.

As for OP, we could have Moss, Rice, Owens in the slot, With sharpe and gronk for our 2 TE's and Teddy might hit 16 touchdowns, whoop de doo.

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

I would have loved this pick if we had Justin Herbert on the roster lol. Now I think it's either QB or a blue chip defensive player in the first round. I know everyone is banging the table for offensive line but why beef up a line with nothing to protect?

It's the Chicken and the Egg conundrum.

With Teddy as the chicken (to air it out), and the OL as the basket of eggs (some raw, some overcooked, some all scrambled up.)

Which comes first??

If we draft a TE or LB at 8 I will flip my poo. I used to think a MLB was a top need just below QB and OL but Carter filled in nicely and I think can be more than enough moving forward. As others have said, more weapons is the last thing we need. I could see a later round pick on a TE or getting a reliable veteran in FA, but fug no to using our first pick on one. Or second. Or third.

Archived