• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

The real question about Fitty is which Huddlers 2nd cousins best fiends uncle played T- ball with him and can get us the low low on our draft plans.  You know it's coming at some point.

Someone let him bang their daughter so we will know. 

Is there anything more obnoxious than Huddlers who act like they have any insight or authority to condemn this hire? Like what the hell do you know about this guy outside of Seattle's draft picks, which he wasn't personally responsible for selecting? Get over yourself. 

I don't know if this guy will be great or bad. What I do know is that the Panthers did just about the most exhaustive GM search possible and enthusiastically decided this was their guy. At minimum, his vision for team building aligns with Rhule's and Tepper's, so the three should mesh well, plus he's a fresh face/not Hurney. That's a pretty good floor.

54 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Is there anything more obnoxious than Huddlers who act like they have any insight or authority to condemn this hire? Like what the hell do you know about this guy outside of Seattle's draft picks, which he wasn't personally responsible for selecting? Get over yourself. 

I don't know if this guy will be great or bad. What I do know is that the Panthers did just about the most exhaustive GM search possible and enthusiastically decided this was their guy. At minimum, his vision for team building aligns with Rhule's and Tepper's, so the three should mesh well, plus he's a fresh face/not Hurney. That's a pretty good floor.

I can tell you he wasn't good enough to be a MLB pitcher, but most people aren't!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=fitter001sco

2 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

this community has extremely overvalued the draft as a measure of a competent GM above everything else to the point that there is virtually no other aspect of being a GM besides that first round pick that matters to them.

1 hour ago, frash.exe said:

this community has extremely overvalued the draft as a measure of a competent GM above everything else to the point that there is virtually no other aspect of being a GM besides that first round pick that matters to them.

The only thing that matters is fielding a consistently winning team. That's mighty tough to do with shoddy drafting, but if you can pull it off more power to you.

3 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Hurney could at least be good for 1st round and steal of the draft in Chinn, what has the new GM done in Seattle lately that is so impressive ?

2 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Hurney could at least be good for 1st round and steal of the draft in Chinn, what has the new GM done in Seattle lately that is so impressive ?

Who the fug cares? They went to the playoffs, we went 5-11. Again. The draft is part of building a team but not all of it. Hurney sucked at total team building. He swung for the fences and occasionally connected, but more than likely it was a swing and a miss. No one knows exactly what he did in Seattle because Carroll and Schneider were running the show. Seriously, could he do much worse than Hurney has the past 3 years?

On 1/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, frash.exe said:

This is 100% solid facts.

Who cares if the team is good....we have a 1,000 yard rookie WR!!!!!!

Archived