• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt weighs in on Carolina QB options

Zod

Gil Brandt has about as much respect as anyone could in the NFl community. 

He says:

"I think Carolina is a darkhorse team to watch in any Matthew Stafford trade. Sweet spot for me is teams in the backend of the first round. Panthers are at No. 8, which would give Lions two in top 10. Teddy Bridgewater isn't answer in Carolina. Stafford has several good years left."

I'd listen.

• Pie 5

Does anyone question that we will have a new QB? I wouldn’t mind Stafford one bit, although this seems to be a team destined to draft a QB with the way we are rebuilding and with the money owed to Teddy. Rhule has a long term deal so I don’t think he would be under pressure to really perform until year 3/4

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2

Honestly getting Stafford for #8 with Detroit taking back Teddy is a good move.  Doesn't keep us from getting a QB of the future next year either.

People are not seeing how risky these QBs are after Lawrence.  

Going up to #2 for Wilson would be expensive as  hell for us and guarantees us nothing.  He could totally bomb.  No one knows.  Plus his injury history on the shoulder?  

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

Stafford would be a definite upgrade over Bridgewater but I can't see giving up the #8 pick for him. If we were only a QB away from contending for a NFC title, then I might consider it. We've got too many holes. I'm not even sure I'd give up the 40th pick form him, but I wouldn't rule that out as an option. If they'd take a 3rd round pick in the 2021 and 2022 draft or a 3rd and 4th in this year's draft I'd be all for it. I tend to think the Lions are gonna want more than the Panthers are willing to offer. Once Stafford leaves they'll be in a full rebuilding mode and are going to want some serious compensation to speed up the rebuilding process.

• Pie 1