• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun WATSON Officially Requests Trade from Texans

ncstatekwi

4 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

How many Superbowls has Deshaun won, or been to? Those players minus Christian have been to, or went to one.

How many Super Bowls had Peyton Manning been to 4 years into his career? 

How many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win? 

How many did Warren Moon even appear in? 

Deshuan Watson is special.  Always has been.  From the first game he stepped on the field vs Florida St as a freshman to now. 

Now, can we debate if cost is worth it? Sure.  But he is exactly what teams are looking for. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Two 1’s and Bridgewater.

Anything more is just too much.

I think history shows the team giving up the farm for a player loses and the team getting all the picks usually wins  (Saints with Ricky, Vikings with Herschel)

I'd go two 1's and CMC as my no higher mark. 

and as a franchise I would quit paying RBs.   A lesson we never have learned. 

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

May take three firsts, a current player and maybe a second to get Watson. To put this into perspective, would you trade away players that could become three pro-bowlers and a good role player for their one QB? 

So, that is a Luke, Ryan Khalil, Christian McCaffery and Shaq Thompson for Deshaun Watson. 

As much as I would like Watson here, I do not believe that I would make this deal.

Or its Kelvin Benjamin, Shaq Thompson and Vernon Butler for Deshaun Watson. 

Can cherry pick first rounders all you want. Bottom line is the draft is literally an unknown. Watson however, is not. 

Also Ryan Kalil* was a 2nd rounder, not that it matters much in the pretense of this argument. His brother was a top 5 pick though so if you want to include him we can. 

• Pie 2

If we're high on his list, I wonder what guy we have to ship to HOU could put the trade over for the Texans.

They have needs all over.  I would make Shaq available in this. 

2021 1st

2021 3rd

2022 1st

2024 1st (We keep 2023)

Shaq Thompson

Pot sweetener: Donte Jackson

--

We send Teddy off in another manner/form.

We get:

Deshaun Watson

2022 2nd (They're going to be awful, this could easily be the 33-39th pick, same as a late first)

Fitbit said in this introductory pressure that there's not that much difference between picks 20 to 40. Seattle traded back so much, he's used to not having a 1st round pick. He could make it work.

Watson is 25. You've got a decade of high level QB play, maybe more, plus all the marketing to the Clemson fans you thought Trevor would bring the franchise. 

Absolutely worth the deal Barnwell outlined.

• Pie 2

Just now, trueblade said:

Fitbit said in this introductory pressure that there's not that much difference between picks 20 to 40. Seattle traded back so much, he's used to not having a 1st round pick. He could make it work.

Watson is 25. You've got a decade of high level QB play, maybe more, plus all the marketing to the Clemson fans you thought Trevor would bring the franchise. 

Absolutely worth the deal Barnwell outlined.

I think that's an incentive to seek a 2nd rounder from HOU in 2022 or 2023 if we're going in on this.  They're going to be baaaad and that pick might as well be #33-39. If it takes (3) 1st rounders, then they should throw in a 2022 2nd.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A sprained watson acl puts us back in the top 10.  

I once watched Watson on a torn ACL complete 74% of his passes with 4 TDs to destroy his rival SEC opponent. 

Some kind of mythical creature, he is half man, half god, half possible Centaur, but I’m not sure, but either way, I wish he was my dad…

• Pie 1