• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade proposal via ESPN

Zod

7 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

If this trade happens we will be one player away from sucking for several years.  Should Watson get hurt we are fugged.  This is insane.

LOL.  Yeah, if anybody's franchise QB gets hurt, they are likely screwed.  So what?  Has Watson shown that hes injury prone?

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

So you value a lockdown CB the same as a franchise QB? 

LA gave 2 1sts and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey, who also needed a new contract. 

i wouldnt have given 2 first for jalen, but he is a generational talent.  I love Watson and he has thr power to ok/negate a trade while the texans have little leverage.  Im not giving 3 1st for any qb.  Especialy possible top 10 picks

20 minutes ago, joemac said:

You do realize that the first this year is a wash, right?  We would be drafting a rookie QB at 8, so its like drafting Watson at 8 this year instead.  Dont get hung up on this years first.

Its not a wash.  That could end up being the  qb pick along with the two 1st round guys that put us over the top in future years. 

20 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Nope. 2 1st, 2021 3rd, and Teddy that would be it for me. You can't trade away 3 1st. If that's not good just trade up in draft for one of the top 4 QBs. I hope we get Lance tbh. He was the 3rd QB in his own class 12th pick 

Where a guy was drafted is no longer relevant once they've proven what they are in the NFL. If we think Lance is the next Watson, we don't go after Watson.

This demonstrates the coaching staff's confidence in building the roster with marginal, role players they find in the middle rounds.

The trade, you ask, sorta plays into their strength

If we did this deal, and you include comp picks, our draft suddenly looks like this (going from memory, so I am 80% sure this is correct):

• 3rd round  Houston early round pick (67 overall)
  • 3rd round  Carolina (73 overall)
  • 4th round Houston (100 overall before third round comp picks assigned)
  • 4th round Panthers (104 overall before third round comp picks assigned)
  • 5th round Panthers (135 overall probably around 145 after comp picks assigned)
  • 5th round (comp pick around 168 or so)
  • 6th round Panthers (around 190 after comp picks)
  • 6th round Comp pick  (around 215 or so)

We would get out of bad contract and get a franchise QB.  We would not pick in round 1 again until 2024

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sort of yeah actually 

He had 1 ACL injury his rookie year and hasn't missed a game since then... 2019 he was rested along with other starters in week 17. Was Brady "injury prone" after his ACL tear...? 

2 hours ago, davos said:

Hell yes.  Don't underestimate getting a 2nd or 3rd from HOU in return.  They're going to be awful next year.  A 2022 2nd is basically a late 1st and their 3rd a late 2nd. 

So we get rid of TB, use our 2021 1st & 2nd basically on Watson.  Still have 3 picks in the top-80ish for 2022 and offset the 1st for a 4th in 2023. 

Packaging our 2021 second rounder is the stinger in this but I'd do it.

This, this and this.