• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton/Tepper/Watson

ncfan

admittedly I haven't really been on twitter for like a day (which is like missing an entire decade of news cycle apparently) but a quick glance shows like there is some drama between Sheena and John Ellis. Wtf is going on lol

Also this is 100% not fuging suprising. Many of us last year blasted the franchise for how they handled Cam's release. The Panthers handled firing Rivera with class and respect. Cam got lied to, cut and released with a picture. That isn't how you release your franchise. 

I'm going to be so fuging mad all over again if that prevents us from getting Watson 

• Pie 1

I dont really know what Cam could tell him other than he loved it here and wanted to stay. Unfortunately the team gave up on him being able to stay healthy and he was forced to find a new team. 

Personally I would have rather seen if he could of been healthy on the last year of his deal or put our backup in if he got injured, but that did not happen.

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Yeah I don’t think he’s coming here, i hope I’m wrong bc there is a lot that can happen between now and March.

Yeah, I think unless that price comes down to something more reasonable or Watson really, really, really wants to be here for some reason, I can't see it.

We actually make a lot less sense than a lot of the locations that have been speculated. 

To be fair....

image.jpeg.8b28e69baf294f21bedba1a9e401857b.jpeg

The way Cam was treated prior to his release isn't that far off from Houston. It's not apples to apples, but it's the same fruit basket, for sure. 

Depends on whether it was more Hurney pushing the narrative or if Rhule/Tepper were full of isht in their transparency to Cam on a personal level. If it's the latter, than Carolina might not be a landing spot for DW.

It's not the only factor, but the respect DW has for Cam is looming large. 

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

admittedly I haven't really been on twitter for like a day (which is like missing an entire decade of news cycle apparently) but a quick glance shows like there is some drama between Sheena and John Ellis. Wtf is going on lol

Also this is 100% not fuging suprising. Many of us last year blasted the franchise for how they handled Cam's release. The Panthers handled firing Rivera with class and respect. Cam got lied to, cut and released with a picture. That isn't how you release your franchise. 

I'm going to be so fuging mad all over again if that prevents us from getting Watson 

There is no drama between me and Sheena. Some in her replies seem to believe otherwise. 

• Pie 1

We don't know what went down behind closed doors and never will but it strikes me that the signs were pointing to likely moving on from Cam before Rhule was even hired.  I don't know why Cam would harbor ill will towards him from public comments, which were as classically coach speak as is possible.  Cam knows this is a business and is an adult...

As to Tepper... No idea.  But unfortunately the Panthers feelings on Cam seemed to he held by the league as a whole.  It isn't surprising we moved on from Cam when moving on from Rivera too all things considered.