• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another season of T.B becoming reality

Jmac

Face the fact that this is becoming the way it will turn out. Only option now is to MOVE UP and TRY and grab a QB before the rest.

In the last month the tables have turned and between retirements and circumstances, they are now at a premium.

Doubtful  that they will get whom they actually wanted. Whom ever it is, will surely not be ready for prime time on day one. Another season of T.B upcoming untill the rookie is ready....if ever.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Face the fact that this is becoming the way it will turn out. Only option now is to MOVE UP and TRY and grab a QB before the rest.

In the last month the tables have turned and between retirements and circumstances, they are now at a premium.

Doubtful  that they will get whom they actually wanted. Whom ever it is, will surely not be ready for prime time on day one. Another season of T.B upcoming untill the rookie is ready....if ever.

Chin up, you might die before next season. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

I mean it was pretty much destined for him to start anyway.  It's not like we have a better option currently.  They will throw crap at the QB position until something sticks.  Teddy will have real competition this season, hopefully.  Otherwise I suspect we may be drafting in the top 10 once again next off-season.

• Beer 1

For the record, I’m perfectly fine with TB starting only under the conditions that we draft a 1st round QB to let him sit for a season. It makes the most sense from a long term rebuild perspective and cap perspective. If you look at our roster, we are one year away from getting pieces that we need to compete, then after that I expect the pressure to be on Rhule to win the division. 

After an unprecedented year in which we didn’t have an offseason, had more dead cap than anyone in the league, had the most turnover, and had to basically start all over on defense (8 starters gone), we now have to focus on our other major opportunities then we will be set. The following season we can be in great shape with cap, along with having a QB on rookie wages. We have to rebuild the O line completely, get another DT, LB (maybe two) and CB (maybe two) minimum. A rookie QB seems like the very logical thing to do, we have to stop doing this back and forth between rebuild and re tool when we all know we are in a rebuild. Now that Hurney is gone I believe we can use common sense for once rather than putting a band aid on things to save his job.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

With everything Ruhle and Tepper have said and intimated, I'd be AMAZED if Bridgewater goes any longer than the second day of training camp as the presumed starter.

Remember when Clausen was still the "starter" until like day three in Spartanburg and then he complained about it lol

They better find some competition then.  Because currently Teddy is a lock to start.

• Beer 1