• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How close did the Panthers come to getting Stafford? Dang close.

Zod

8 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Eh not really. What makes it hard is when you have an owner who knows nothing hiring coaches that know nothing. 

Never thought Rhule deserved the job. Didn’t do poo in college. Now you put him in charge of personnel and he seems desperate rather than calculated. Overcorrection never works. 

I like Rhule as a HC, not as a HC in charge. Not sure how Fritters fits in but there are plenty of reasons to doubt. This trade with thr amount of time he has had to take in the team leaves me concerned about thr level of dumb incoming.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

No, running a football team and organization is massively difficult. Only about six to eight teams in the league are successfully doing it. 

And Rhule, in college he worked miracles turning around programs building from the ground up. The guy knows his stuff, but he's build a whole house starting at the foundation, he's not just dragging a trailer to a new lot.

That’s exactly what’s been attempted here. 

• Poo 1

24 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

No, running a football team and organization is massively difficult. Only about six to eight teams in the league are successfully doing it. 

And Rhule, in college he worked miracles turning around programs building from the ground up. The guy knows his stuff, but he's build a whole house starting at the foundation, he's not just dragging a trailer to a new lot.

Then why is it no self respecting NFL player wants to come play for him? Its pretty obvious at this point he's going to chip kelly out in a few years.

• Poo 5

41 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m about another Teddy/Stafford decision away from sitting this regime out and coming back in a few years after everyone is fired again. 

I can't lie, these decisions are both sus, you HAD Cam who is better than Stafford, who can't even be compared to TB, and you come full circle willing to give up #8 on a QB older than Cam with just as much wear and tear WHO HAS NEVER WON A POST-SEAON GAME...after cutting a QB who was less expensive than both of these two...

Rams saved us from ourselves, you never shop hungry, I'm ok with trading up for a QB since the salary of a rookie QB is that valuable IF you get the pick right, I see no point in a kings ransom for DW if we lose top picks for several years and are on the hook with a 35+M QB, and no cap flexibility to bring in quality free agents. 

I feel like that point is over-looked by so many.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 4

4 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I can't lie, these decisions are both sus, you HAD Cam who is better than Stafford, who can't even be compared to TB, and you come full circle willing to give up #8 on a QB older than Cam with just as much wear and tear WHO HAS NEVER WON A POST-SEAON GAME...after cutting a QB who was less expensive than both of these two...

Rams saved us from ourselves, you never shop hungry, I'm ok with trading up for a QB since the salary of a rookie QB is that valuable IF you get the pick right, I see no point in a kings ransom for DW if we lose top picks for several years and are on the hook with a 35+M QB, and no cap flexibility to bring in quality free agents. 

I feel like that point is over-looked by so many.

Dude, have you seen Cam throw? He’s done as a starting QB. Stop living in the past.

• Pie 4

I didn’t want Stafford but it wouldn’t have been a horrible decision to bring him in. My only concern with him is his age and durability. People pooing on Rhule are overreacting.

I still want us to go all in on Watson but not give up any of our young players. 

56 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Wonder what Teddy is thinking right now?  Lol.

Yeah I'm afraid if we do move on past Watson because of the steep price and one of the qbs in the draft doesnt fall to us then we are going into the season with a messy situation with teddy still here. But we need to build the oline and the secondary.

54 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

That was a massively aggressive offer. They basically sat down at the poker table and pushed all their chips to the center while the cards were still being shuffled. If it blows up in their faces, the Rams going to pay for it for a loooong time. Detroit, not so long.

We don't know what was offered.

And, it's not that serious!

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We don't know what was offered.

And, it's not that serious!

We know we offered #8 plus another pick, probably 4th or 5th round based on what I've read. May have offered Bridgewater too.

We also know that our draft pick was the highest one offered.

Edited by Mr. Scot