• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp, Teddy can't start.

Zod

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s obvious that Detroit valued Goff way more considering how much more risk they took on $43M guaranteed over 2 years versus $10M over 1 year. Our picks had a good bit more value (about 25-30% based on most charts).

As they should have. Goff isn't great but he's several levels above Teddy.

4 minutes ago, diddyb said:

Agreed.  As much as I don't want to just throw a rookie out there week 1 if we draft one I just can not see Teddy teaching him much more than sportsmanship.  To me the biggest problem with Teddy is that he wants ZERO responsibility in making plays when they matter the most, the end of the game.  To me that is why he is always checking down.  We need 8 yards to get that 1st down, well I am going to throw a 2 yard pass and leave it up to YOU to get the rest to extend the game for us.  If we don't get it, well it's not my fault, I got you the ball and YOU didn't make a play.

Happened time and time again this year and that is something I do not want rubbing off on a young QB that Teddy is mentoring.

I would cut teddy and try to find a good vet (not a break the bank type vet but someone whose a good mentor) to start the season next year. Especially if we draft someone like Lance who will need time. 

Teddy seems like a nice dude, but jfc the team was 3-6 last year and he was all fun and games dressing like a ref during a press conference, throwing flags and blowing the whistle at questions he didn’t like. 43E1C2BD-D6E5-4C5D-86E1-FC4418DEB541.png.d1fdd4979440cf0c4fd4c5989f50da7a.png

Then you throw in all the screw ups, like reaching the ball over the goal line when Rhule explicitly said he coaches not to do that. Not to mention going 0-8 in games when he had the ball with a chance to score or tie. 

It’s actually refreshing as hell to see a FO not settling for mediocrity. Imagine if we had this type of urgency when we actually had a top tier QB with zero weapons outside of Greg Olsen. 

Edited by Cary Kollins

49 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

What did they think he could do when they signed him? 99% of us knew he was not the answer. I just don’t get it. We could have just sucked it up, trotted out Grier, lost almost every game, and cemented a top pick. Now we are stuck in no mans land. 

Jameis was also available and like $60 million cheaper.

I don't buy the "nice guy" Teddy everyone tries to portray him as. He's continuously shown he does what he wants, doesn't listen to anyone, only cares about padding his stats (selfish), throws others under the bus when he's the one at fault. It's just funny to me whenever it's said.

I feel this was all Hurney. Making the suggestion to let go of Cam and get TB since Brady would need someone slightly familiar with his offense to flourish. Tepper took the advice and it in turn was the final straw that broke the camels back. There is nobody else in the organization that could’ve made the decision, only influenced it. We now have to reconcile differences and try to make up for it sooner than later. It seems more likely we will make another rash decision at QB, to get TB off the books because of this report coming out and the lack of confidence Rhule showed in him down the stretch. I just hope we do not make another mistake with QB like this and just put our faith in a QB in the draft to keep the future of the salary cap in a good position.