• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: Orlando Brown Jr wants to be traded

JawnyBlaze

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well he did make a Pro Bowl as a RT and LT. I suspect a first is a must.

I, personally, don’t think it’s a great idea to trade *our* first for him. However, he is likely worth that to a few other teams. He’s a really good player. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

No, he really wasn't. Agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree. We only remember him fondly because of how poor the tackles around him were. He was an average to slightly above average LT.

Now, you could certainly argue that those are becoming rarer. That I would certainly agree with.

We’re kind of agreeing heh. Oher was right around average. Which is worth a third when everything we’ve fielded since Gross was trash. Okung was quite good for those three or four games he was healthy, but we need consistency. But whether Oher would have been worth a third is irrelevant lol. I’d give up a couple thirds for Orlando Brown.  It would seem he can play LT decently and he’s still young. Could have us at least decent at LT for a while 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

He’s a good NFL player. If you’re hoping some rookie who has never taken a snap in the NFL is going to be as good as him, then just offer the pick for him. I’d rather have a known than an unknown. I wouldn’t offer a first but he’s worth trading for if it’s not first round picks they want. 

I don't disagree, I too would rather have a "known" quantity.  Unfortunately, the salary cap prevents every team from having "known" quantities at every position.  The price for this player will be not just in picks but in cap as well.  By trading away picks for a known player, you acknowledge a much larger cap hit, as well as take away some of your options to acquire lower cost players as well.  It's a double whammy.

Pay a really good tackle (Moton) $16m a year or give up a 1st to pay a tackle (Brown) $16m a year.

Easy decision for me.

I don't see us paying both.  

Unless Moton moves to LT, which might not even work, I don't see us being great at LT.  Either we sign a cheap vet, who will most likely be below average, or draft a LT in the first 2 rounds, who also will most likely be below average their first year.

Best chance for us to be good at LT is probably resigning Okung and hoping he stays healthy, but here again probably too expensive.

More realistic chance of improving our O-line in the short term is resigning Moton and upgrading the interior spots some, which could be possible with some cheap free agents later in free agency.

5 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

This forum is so seriously twisted on what is a good LT and what isn't. 

Lmao

It's the new mythical "#1 WR". If he's not Jonathan Ogden/Orlando Pace level then he's not a legit LT. LOL!

It's weird that this fanbase seems to be the pickiest at positions where we're historically really bad. 

• Pie 2

I’m at the point I just want to pull a Seattle and just stock up on picks, every decent player that is available is either going to cost too much in draft compensation or a trade for them is more of a win/now move.

we(Panthers) need to make up there mind on whether we are commit to a rebuild or are we just going to be frantic and make a move that’s going to set us back even further. 

bottom line if it’s not for a 3rd or later pick than it’s not worth it