• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report- KK Short has been cut

trueblade

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How about just releasing dead weight? I know Marty clearly never understood the whole cap rollover concept but this might not be for anything other than Short isn’t close to worth his $13M in salary this year.

But if he was a post June 1 cut - he would have gave us even more back. Right?

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It honestly doesn’t matter. You can’t really use the extra money until after June 1st so for a team like us who’s still rebuilding it’s almost the same either way. Post June 1st and rolled over or free up more space next year. With cap rollover it’s almost the same. If we were competing and wanted flexibility to add someone expensive via trade later on on, sure, but not us. 

Big difference between having an extra $5M come available on 6/2 compared to nothing at all.

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How about just releasing dead weight? I know Marty clearly never understood the whole cap rollover concept but this might not be for anything other than Short isn’t close to worth his $13M in salary this year.

Yeah but why not designate him as a June 1st cut and lessen the dead money?

That is what makes me wonder if something else isn't imminent.

• Beer 1