• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weatherly and Palardy ALSO being released today!

joemac

It’s refreshing to see this organization waste little time in trying to correct admitted mistakes.

There are still more moves they can make to provide themselves with enough cap space to make a few important moves. Last years mess was avoidable and obviously we’re paying for some of that now but if they gained valuable experience from it, hopefully it’ll end up being worth it in the long run.

I mean, we all managed to agree Clausen wasn’t a wasted pick because he netted us Cam. Maybe Bridgewater will end up being a valuable signing because he pissed Tepper off enough to demand and later land Watson...

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I mean, we all managed to agree Clausen wasn’t a wasted pick because he netted us Cam. Maybe Bridgewater will end up being a valuable signing because he pissed Tepper off enough to demand and later land Watson...

Well, if nothing else, I suspect Bridgewater's performance got Hurney canned, so we've got that going for us.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, CMAC22 said:

They could release Matt Paradis as a Post June 1st designation and save $8.5 million each team is allowed to make two post Junee 1st cuts!

Whos going to play Center if we do that?  We already need a lot of help on the line, no need to go cutting starters that we already have under contract.

1 hour ago, 54th man said:

I dont think we need to cut Ian thomas he is on the cheap and if he dont work out let him walk

He's the 11th highest paid player on our roster, cutting him would save us a little over 2Million in cap this year. Objectively, he is half the TE as both the Browns and the Buccaneers THIRD string TE.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, joemac said:

Whos going to play Center if we do that?  We already need a lot of help on the line, no need to go cutting starters that we already have under contract.

Re-sign Larsen.

I personally think Paradis played waaaay better and almost to the level that we expected when first signed, so I'm not necessarily pushing him out the door. However, Larsen would be cheaper and give us a good option.

The question would be dead money moving forward. I know we are trying to move away from that and shoot for a clean sheet. 

$8.5M could be the difference though in bringing back Samuel/Douglas though.

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Re-sign Larsen.

I personally think Paradis played waaaay better and almost to the level that we expected when first signed, so I'm not necessarily pushing him out the door. However, Larsen would be cheaper and give us a good option.

The question would be dead money moving forward. I know we are trying to move away from that and shoot for a clean sheet. 

$8.5M could be the difference though in bringing back Samuel/Douglas though.

I hear you....at this point though, I think re-signing Curtco is a luxury that we cannot afford.  Hes going to want at least 8-10 mil a year, and that it too much for what will assuredly be a WR3 on our team.

Just now, joemac said:

I hear you....at this point though, I think re-signing Curtco is a luxury that we cannot afford.  Hes going to want at least 8-10 mil a year, and that it too much for what will assuredly be a WR3 on our team.

Agreed. I think Curtis was always going to be a luxury re-signing with Robby and DJ here. I believe the trenches are more important than a WR3, especially with CMC here. 

Flip side to the coin is that Robby and DJ are FAs in '22. Samuel could ensure that we have depth at that position if we part ways with either or both. 

Moton is the key to our offseason. Everything after him is gravy. I do think we can find a cheaper WR than Samuel in FA.....it is a loaded position group. We wait it out a bit and we can snag someone for sure.

Had really hoped to see Weatherly show more than what he did, but with Obada performing the way folks hoped Weatherly would (often from a DT spot rather than DE no less) and Weatherly going to IR with Rhule's preference for players to tough out injuries was a bullhorn that he'd be gone.