• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Rumor

Troys99x4

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

Yeah makes sense. 
Tua plus two #1s would be awfully tempting. 

for which team? both?

I think Miami has two first this year?  I would think 2 current year 1st would be really strong.

Also, what do you think the chance is the Jets aren't as aggressive as everyone thinks.

If they fall in love with Wilson they might be happy to keep the draft pics, not to mention the $30m in year extra cap.  

They might not be willing to sell the entire farm like I think we are.

Edited by AU-panther
add

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe he's butthurt about Tre being released and/or he's sought clarification on his own situation and hasn't received any guarantees? I don't know, just spit balling.

Maybe he is just getting released.  Is he worth $10m a year?  Can you replace his production for less than that?  Remember he has the 5th highest salary of LBs this year.

2021 Linebacker Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe he's butthurt about Tre being released and/or he's sought clarification on his own situation and hasn't received any guarantees? I don't know, just spit balling.

My guess, he/agents heard his name was involved trade talks. Called Frittererer or Rhule and they confirmed it.  

• The D 1

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Maybe he is just getting released.  Is he worth $10m a year?  Can you replace his production for less than that?  Remember he has the 5th highest salary of LBs this year.

2021 Linebacker Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

If it was releasing him Pre-June 1st first does not give me much hope in our new GM. Perhaps he wants to be released now or traded. The difference is 5.5 million if we are just going to cut him today.

18 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

for which team? both?

I think Miami has two first this year?  I would think 2 current year 1st would be really strong.

Also, what do you think the chance is the Jets aren't as aggressive as everyone thinks.

If they fall in love with Wilson they might be happy to keep the draft pics, not to mention the $30m in year extra cap.  

They might not be willing to sell the entire farm like I think we are.

There is no other team in the NFL that Watson could bring a major organizational change as big as the Panthers getting him.

The Clemson fans would sell out PSLs and Watson Jerseys in days. Zero chance Watson goes anywhere else if it’s a highest bidder deal. Though, the Lions took a worse offer from the Rams, you never know what could happen.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

If it was releasing him Pre-June 1st first does not give me much hope in our new GM. Perhaps he wants to be released now or traded. The difference is 5.5 million if we are just going to cut him today.

We can release now and designate one more as June 1. Though it just pushes it to other years so it depends on your goal.

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Could be they are testing him. Something like "Could you take a pay cut? Other wise we are looking to trade/cut you.." Egos are huge in the NFL and Rhule spoke highly of Shaq. May hurt to hear you maybe cut or need to take a pay cut. Post June 1 cut looks like the panthers could have the control. Honestly I dont know.