• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers might trade up according Jason loc aflorla if they can't get Watson

Panthers316

The ideal scenario is, of course, Lance or Fields fall to 8. But I think that's really unlikely to happen. Allbright is reporting Lance is going #4 overall to Atlanta. SF would love a chance to get Fields and would def trade up for him. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we're sold on a particular prospect, I'm all for it. Yes, there are four very good QB draft prospects available but history says they almost certainly won't all pan out. Trust your evaluation.

That's just it. We have no idea what our actual QB evaluation will be. If we trade up, we'll have some idea. 

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Really bad idea I’m not trading up for second or third best qb. To give up that much capital for an unknown is never smart imo. 

Texans and Chiefs traded future 1st round picks to trade up for Watson and Mahomes respectively.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

Texans and Chiefs traded future 1st round picks to trade up for Watson and Mahomes respectively.  

Yep I know that, those qbs were better than the ones in this draft. If it wasn’t for teams wanting qbs so bad the ones after Trevor wouldn’t even be thought of in the top 10. I’m just saying I don’t think these qbs this year are worth that. JMO

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

"Never" is a bad take. The draft is all about risks. It all comes down to how much you trust your organizational evaluation. If your scouting department, coaching staff and GM all think Player X is "the guy" then maybe that big price to go get him isn't outlandish. 

But, you are then subject to the backlash if that ends up whiffing. We just got rid of a front office guy that had a lot of "bold" takes on prospects. It didn't work out too well.

10 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yep I know that, those qbs were better than the ones in this draft. If it wasn’t for teams wanting qbs so bad the ones after Trevor wouldn’t even be thought of in the top 10. I’m just saying I don’t think these qbs this year are worth that. JMO

Were they as PROSPECTS though? It's easy to say that knowing what they turned out to be in the NFL.

Watson showed the ability to play some real hero ball at Clemson but he was kinda like Fields in that sometimes he looked like the best player in college football while in other games he just looked flat out off. Mahomes had tremendous raw talent but he needed a lot of work from a footwork perspective and their were a lot of question marks about the offense he came out of. Those guys were good prospects but far from slam dunks.