• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

Yeah, stay satisfied with the whole two backup olineman we purged. I said on the cheap. God forbid we have any hope in a player.

Clowney never developed too much pass rush but he still a athletic freak.  He is very good against the run and gets pressure enough to scare opposing qb's.  

Clowney hasent lived up to the hype, but as it’s been mentioned in the previous post he’s still a threat and a worry for opposing OCs.  He would fit right into our D if he took a reasonable deal.  A combo of Clowney, Burns Brown and YGM coming at you would be awesome.  I expect Clowney is trying to go to a contender tho which we are not and shouldn’t be expensive..

• Pie 1

Xavier Rhodes is another guy who actually had a good year last year, might be looking at a one year prove it deal and would be worth signing.  Again, a lot of these guys if forced to take less money in a depressed market place are going to try and suit up for contenders.  Unfortunately the Panthers still aren’t there yet..

Edited by NJPanthers89
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Clowney hasent lived up to the hype, but as it’s been mentioned in the previous post he’s still a threat and a worry for opposing OCs.  He would fit right into our D if he took a reasonable deal.  A combo of Clowney, Burns Brown and YGM coming at you would be awesome.  I expect Clowney is trying to go to a contender tho which we are not and shouldn’t be expensive..

from what ive seen of clowney in the nfl, he is all about the cash

but him at full speed & effort is certainly worth a good look

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope that is juicy because that's as click baity as headlines get.

It's not. Mostly a rehash of stuff that Person's already written.

The one piece of new territory it broaches is Jeff Howe's theory about the Patriots trying to trade for Watson.

Edited by Mr. Scot