• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: The Panthers are "locked on Watson"

MVPccaffrey

21 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

He's just worth it.  That's all there is to it.  Opportunities like this just don't come up.  There aren't any times in league history that I can think of where a franchise player of this caliber came available right as he was reaching his prime.

Yep. I say it a lot Tep's a hedgefund guy. He's going to invest in a proven commodity before rolling the dice on us finding one.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

We have more reason to think he is smart than we do that he is stupid... what proof do we have that he has done something stupid enough to question his intelligence?

I have several personal opinions based on his stated desires and actions regarding this team that do not in my opinion have anything to do with winning a championship. 

55 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

yes. get on board or get run over

And give up first round draft choices for 3-4 years as well as an impact player? Id say if we do that deal we are the ones who will be "run over" by far. Seriously, how do you think they are going to build around the loss of so many draft picks, an impact player and his big ass contract? If you want a recipe for guaranteed failure this is it. But at least we will have a solid QB right?

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Can you name me the teams that you think are still in our going for Watson as of right now and what they would logically give up for him? I'm curious. I don't expect a bidding war anymore so if they trade him he's going to be cheaper than a lot of folks believe he'll be. I say 3 picks. 4 max and not all number 1s either. They should have traded him 2 weeks ago

I think the Niners could put together a pretty attractive offer. 

Bosa, Kinlaw, Aiyuk, Warner (although he’s a FA after this year). 

At the end of the day he’s still a franchise QB. Obviously we don’t want to be bidding against ourselves but I can’t imagine there aren’t others

If we're trading a haul for Watson then were going to have to be better in free agency than we have so far

If we aren't, then were fine, but if you're moving that kind of draft capital then you have to be better than what we've done

Edited by Growl

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Its fair to say that he doesnt have the football smarts, but you dont have to be a genius to understand the kind of talent that Watson brings to the table. To call him stupid... thats pretty extreme. The guy was a co-owner of ths Steelers for a long time as well. So he understands how football operations are run. 

Jim Haslam was part of the Steelers ownership group for a while too.

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

And give up first round draft choices for 3-4 years as well as an impact player? Id say if we do that deal we are the ones who will be "run over" by far. Seriously, how do you think they are going to build around the loss of so many draft picks, an impact player and his big ass contract? If you want a recipe for guaranteed failure this is it. But at least we will have a solid QB right?

and the huddle GM's will be happy

• Beer 2

So, let me get this straight. A dude working in the organization of another team that is interested in QBs says Carolina is locked on Watson? 

Not a guy from Carolina's organization.

Not a guy from Houston's management team.

Not Watson's agent's barber's third cousin.

And y'all are going apesh!t over this? Means nothing. And that's a good thing. 

If Tepper gets his trade and gives away three first round draft picks and three of our star players... Let's just say if you hated Jerry Richardson, you are really really really going to end up hating Tepper.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

its not true...not even close

That's the hope because that model = massive failure.

Edit: wait are you saying what I said wasn't true because it's a fact twice with one freebie

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1