• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions..if all top QB's are gone by 8

Jmac

I would trade back 5-7 spots and take Mac Jones.  With the extra pick, take a CB and T later in the second.

If Jones is gone after the move back, take a T and then a CB in round 2.  With the extra pick and the third rounder, trade with a team like the Jets (if they take Wilson), Jax (if they are willing to trade Minshew), Detroit (Goff, because if 4 were gone, Detroit would have taken one, probably), etc.  If not, take Mond and keep Bridgewater for another year.

I am thinking out loud--we will trade up aggressively--Miami or Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

If Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Trey are all taken in the top 7, then you all better get mentally prepared for Mac Jones to be our Q2.

i think Rhule likes him more than you all think.

There's just absolutely no way 5 QBs get taken in the first 8 picks.

There's Lawrence and Wilson then a big gap to the rest of the pack. You're gambling on Fields, Jones or Lance (and that's a massive first round gamble considering his experience - some evaluators even like Mond over Lance).

7 hours ago, Mage said:

I just do not envision any scenario where the Panthers allow themselves to miss out on a QB.  Maybe it means we overpay, I don't know, but we are not going to sit back and watch teams take a QB ahead of us.

Miami could get a nice haul from us and still get a great WR or Pitts at 8.  QB at 3 is very likely and we are definitely in the mix

Slater's short arms will keep him out of the top ten picks imo. Slater might have to move to guard.

The top 8 picks will be offensive players, TD passers and TD scorers with the exception being the best OT, Penei Sewell, going somewhere in the top 10.

The draft has plenty of excellent CB available, so we could easily draft one in the second or third round. No chance are we drafting a CB at eight, there isn't one worth it compared to the WRs we'll have falling to us if 4 QBs go ahead of us.

If Sewell is gone, and 4 QBs went, then we'll either trade down or take a WR. I'm in favor of trading down if the 4 QBs are gone because that means next season is another lost season. Flush it. Get as many higher picks as possible and plan to draft a QB in next years draft.

No need to draft Mac Jones, the idea of him ever winning a SB is a joke. Trey Lance, aka Cannon Arm, is our best chance but if the big 4 are gone then it's a wrap.

The big 4 QBs going will certainly push a #1 quality WR right into our lap. If you stay put, then clearly you take the WR and go into next season with a top 3 WR corps. A top quality CB will be available at our second round pick. The top priority is scoring TDs, and a top WR trumps a top CB any day of the week. Expect a WR at #8, or a trade down if the QBs are gone.

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

My prediction with 4 QBs gone, and Sewell, Waddle, Smith gone, is that the Panthers select:

WR - Ja'Marr Chase.

Where would he fit in the offense with DJ Robby and CMC? Are you drafting a top 10 pick  WR to be  a 4th option???

I still stand with going oline . Last year we almost over committed to Dline early and I would love to see the same commitment this year to the oline early. Getting something like Slater in R1 and Eichenburg or Leatherwood in R2 would work wonders for rebuilding the Oline . Then you can go get your safety and CB in the mid rounds . Use some late rounders on Dline and skill position depth . Maybe throw in a flier on some QB with one of those . There you go . Solid solid draft. 

And if we're too good next year to draft a qb high once again ? Then you can splurg on a top FA qb ala Tom Brady situation and stick him into a roster that's already ready to rock .

Trevor, Field and Wilson are gone in the top 4 to 5 picks, either direct or by trade. I've said it before, I don't think Lance or Jones are worth a 8th pick or more I think the risk is too great for them. Trade down a few would be nice and get an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick or take LT or CB. Both will cost us a lot in FA. If you trade down and Lance or Jones are still there, then maybe. 

I don’t see us staying put if there is a run early. If we don’t we either take a top LT or trade down and pick up a project in a Newman, Mills, Mond later as back up/possible starter. This would also give us assets to trade up next year and get our guy if we aren’t satisfied.

12 hours ago, pantherj said:

My prediction with 4 QBs gone, and Sewell, Waddle, Smith gone, is that the Panthers select:

WR - Ja'Marr Chase.

A luxury pick in the top 10? Don’t get me wrong Chase is great, but that would leave Teddy trying to throw him the ball with no real LT to give him protection. Plus DJ, Anderson, Moore, and CMC are going to take away catches/opportunities for him.