• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Davis Signs 2-Year Deal with the Falcons

Greatman77

2 minutes ago, davos said:

I'm a big fan of drafting a RB in the mid rounds this year.  Trey Sermon could be a boss and I would be ecstatic for that type of pick. 

Kylin Hill is awesome.  Larry Rountree, Demetric Felton (especially) as well.

Felton is a slash (RB, slot).  I could see him coming in and helping.

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

We won’t sign Gurley, he’ll probably get more than Davis from somebody

Actually we have a fairly decent guy who flashed the past couple seasons and went to IR last year but always looked decent when we have him opportunities. I don't know if he is durable enough but in the words of was it Rivera or Gettleman "The answer may be on the roster".

Davis averaged 3.9 yard per carry and had over 1000 all-purpose yards in 2020.  Behind that OL, that is not bad.

He just turned 28 and has not been ridden very hard in the NFL to date--could be a good signing.

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Looks like we will just keep running CMC in the ground

I'd argue Rodney Smith finished the season stronger and we still have Bonnafon to come back.

This is a smart use of resources. Davis is alright, but not worth anything above vet minimum. 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

2 years $5.5M total; a bit surprised we didn't want to match that but we can probably replace him for cheaper with a later round pick in the draft or a different FA. He filled in admirably this past season but isn't a guy who should be your #1 (which he is in Atlanta as of now...).

sucks...i would have paid that

15 minutes ago, Mage said:

He’s up there, my favorite is still Mike Mitchell though

Loved Mitchell. Also Peanut Tillman and Jared Allen were fuging awesome to have in the black and blue. So pissed we couldn't finish the job for those guys and others we had who absolutely deserved rings in their careers (TD, Greg, Cam, Luke, etc.)

• Pie 1