• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

2 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I don’t hate this move really. I get people are disappointed because it is Sam Darnold but the potential is there for him to make a turn around. The fact that we get to surround him with Moore, CMC and Joe Brady gives me some hope. 

if we add slater, Sewell, chase or Pitts, Darnold may not have to do a whole lot but get the ball out quick to his playmakers. 

That’s all teddy had to do then right? 

qbs have to make plays in clutch situations. Can darnold be clutch? I don’t know but from everything I’ve read/watched the best we can hope for him is a glorified game manager. If we aren’t done at the qb position and still draft a guy at 8 I’ll be ok with this as sort of a backup plan/get rid of teddy situation. If we pass on a qb at 8 that is there I will not be ok with this. If teddy is still here I will not be ok with this. 

giving up a second, especially one that could be in the top 10 again is really stupid for the level of play we are getting. The panthers are desperate and desperate teams make desperate moves. This is what qb purgatory is all about.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Growl said:

We just got bent over the table by one of the worst ran teams in sports and they’ll take the player we should’ve had (sans the bridgewater signing) and finally turn their team around

This team just doubled down on a mistake 

Which is what you absolutely could not do. 

• Poo 1

I love that were supposed to be consoled by the team moving down and reacuqiring a pick

Well start the offseason fully believing we are getting a high profile QB prospect to getting some reject mid tier player whose name you don’t know right now

hope you guys really like tevin davis

• Poo 1

I look at it this way, the guy was 1st round pick just a few years ago.  The 6th rounder is likely a comp pick... so essentially an early 7th.  We got the guy for a 4th and a 2nd when you boil it down.  I thought it would take our early 3rd.  Not terrible.  We may get something for Teddy so we get one of the Day 3 picks back.  A little rich, but we didn't get robbed.  If this were Hurney making the deal, the Jets would have got #8.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For those wondering, no indication that any of the picks are conditional.

True, but there's no indication that any of them are NOT conditional either. Details are limited right now. Even still, I like the deal. I would bet that the 4th next year is conditional on him being the full time starter this year, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, Mistuh Jones said:

It's the Huddle bro. You'll get used to it after a while, but it will still piss you off from time to time. 

I've been here for like a decade or something, I am used it, and it still pisses me off 🙂

• Pie 1

Not a big fan of Darnold, but I will support him as a Panther. 

I would rather have given up all picks in rounds 3-7 next year than the 2nd....2021 is a better and much deeper draft than 2022 is shaping up to be. No depth in 2022

Edited by TheProcess

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

I would’ve gladly traded a 2, 4, 6 to move up for someone who can be truly special at the QB position rather than settling for long shot game manager

this may be the worst move this team has ever made, if one of these QBs goes on to be great, and at least one certainly will, we will always have to sit back and wonder what could’ve been

This doesn't make any sense. Of course we'd love to do that but it isn't anywhere slightly  realistic. Trading up would have cost us multiple 1st round picks. 

• Pie 1