• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Darnold is a flop like Teddy was, is Rhule officially on the hot seat?

If Darnold is a flop, is Rhule on the hot seat?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No, means nothing

Not on the hot seat, especially with that contract, but if we don't start the 2022 season with our future on the roster, yikes. 

Then the question of, "what the hell have we been doing for 3 years?", will be a valid question and some seats should be warming.  Whether it be an established vet or a rookie in 2022, our franchise QB needs to be here.  

• Pie 2

you gotta give coaches that show progress 3-5 years. By then the team should made up entirely of their decisions and students.

1 and done or 2 and dones are reserved for the winless dumpster fires that lose their locker room.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Let's say that Darnold flops. Does Rhule enter 2022 on the hot seat?

If Darnold flops, potentially giving us a top 3 pick......at this point, the next QB he picks would be his last. I would like to think, since he signed a 10 year deal or however long that was. So he'd be safe but it would be his last chance I'd think, so yeah, I guess it would be the hot seat.