• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: CB AJ Bouye close to deal with Panthers

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's not bad.

It’s the same per year we gave Apple and Roberts last year or Searcy the year before.

It’s a fantastic deal if he plays back to his past level. It’s another terrible deal if he plays like last year.

It does feel like we’ve paid a decent amount again to “broken” players again. We done awful with FAs the past few years with only a couple exceptions. Spent a ton of money on retreads and injured players and it hasn’t worked out. Here’s hoping it does. We need a little luck because we are paying a decent amount to guys other teams don’t seem to want.

Just now, stbugs said:

It’s the same per year we gave Apple and Roberts last year or Searcy the year before.

It’s a fantastic deal if he plays back to his past level. It’s another terrible deal if he plays like last year.

It does feel like we’ve paid a decent amount again to “broken” players again. We done awful with FAs the past few years with only a couple exceptions. Spent a ton of money on retreads and injured players and it hasn’t worked out. Here’s hoping it does. We need a little luck because we are paying a decent amount to guys other teams don’t seem to want.

I go back to saying I think this is truly year one of the rebuild rather than year two.

These are moves like I might expect in a year one.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I go back to saying I think this is truly year one of the rebuild rather than year two.

We botched year 1 last year, badly. Really sucks that we felt like a team that was 1-15 to close the prior two years that lost Luke, Cam and a score of others was worth patching up. Amazing that we even thought that. Honestly, we just got lucky that the young guys on D played their asses off because our offense scored less than Kyle Allen.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

A problem inherent when shopping in the Kmart bargain bin.  Cap gets better next year, we'll be able to shop at Target.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would tend to agree with this. Fans and team alike need to show patience of building the team the right way as this is likely a 3-4 year rebuild to the top of the division. However I think if we draft a QB this draft then they are trying to accelerate that schedule. 

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Would not mind Rasul Douglas being re-signed could be solid depth at CB

As long as it does not hinder development of young players.  I want to see how Pride makes the transition from rookie to sophomore.  Hartsfield was listed as a S, now they have him as a CB and he was playing some nickel.  This should keep Jackson away from their #1 WR, which is good.