• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Jets scout Daniel Kelly on Trey Lance

mccjeff

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That was pretty harsh.   I have a feeling Lance is somewhere in between.  

He makes a couple good points about the talent he played against.

He kind of ruined his credibility saying Lawrence will be a bust.  While it is possible, most doubt that is going to happen. 

yeah, Lawrence might not reach his projected ceiling....but the dude's floor is super high.  Hard to see him actually busting.   I think him coming close to his ceiling will have less to do with the Trevor and more to do the Jags org. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

yeah, Lawrence might not reach his projected ceiling....but the dude's floor is super high.  Hard to see him actually busting.   I think him coming close to his ceiling will have less to do with the Trevor and more to do the Jags org. 

Urban Meyer was an excellent college coach.  We'll see how well he develops Lawrence. 

4 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I can understand Sewell, maybe, but is Slater even an elite talent? Or are people so desperate they think drafting the #2 or 3 OT is worth passing on an elite player? To me, if Fields is there, we should take him. But I'd be surprised if he makes it out the top 4. Smith, Chase, Pitts, Parsons maybe even Horn are all elite talents and could be labeled BPA at our spot. 

I support the Darnold trade mainly because I dont think Fields will be there at 8, and the staff doesn't either. I can hard pass on Jones and Lance at 8 for any of those elite talents and continue to build the team and see what Darnold can do.

This

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Urban Meyer was an excellent college coach.  We'll see how well he develops Lawrence. 

well, I have made it clear I am not a fan of Urban or the programs he ran.   I think the Jags botched that. 

Urban won in college.  Yes.  He also created bad environments.....and then bailed when it started coming to a boil.   He was repetitive in that IMO.   

39 minutes ago, bandu said:

lol at this idiot... Lance is going to be one of the best QBs in this draft class

Based on one good season in a sub-par league two years ago?

I mean he maybe wrong, but anyone talking in such absolutes can't call others idiots imo.

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Based on one good season in a sub-par league two years ago?

I mean he maybe wrong, but anyone talking in such absolutes can't call others idiots imo.

I would agree with the 'absolutes' part, but there is precedence, now more than ever that college QB's are way more polished and have more snaps per capita than quarterbacks of yesteryear.

Joe Burrow comes to mind.

image.png.fa56ce9327a79d2714fccffc5afc23dd.png

Kyler Murray

image.png.5a2f67643419e0fdb67637de92bf6585.png

Perhaps Zach Wilson will make that leap as well as Lance.

Granted, it's still more of a gamble than someones who's done it consistently, but there's more coming that seem to be making the jump in the last few years, so I wouldn't completely discount it.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

I would agree with the 'absolutes' part, but there is precedence, now more than ever that college QB's are way more polished and have more snaps per capita than quarterbacks of yesteryear.

Joe Burrow comes to mind.

image.png.fa56ce9327a79d2714fccffc5afc23dd.png

Kyler Murray

image.png.5a2f67643419e0fdb67637de92bf6585.png

Perhaps Zach Wilson will make that leap as well as Lance.

Granted, it's still more of a gamble than someones who's done it consistently, but there's more coming that seem to be making the jump in the last few years, so I wouldn't completely discount it.

His lack of reps and overall throws is horrifying 

• Pie 1

Meanwhile, Louis Riddick was on the radio this morning saying everything he has heard from front offices in the know is that Lance is absolutely killing it in interviews and evaluations.  Said his football IQ and intangibles are through the roof and a lot of teams are falling in love with him for that reason.