Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

General Friday Draft Discussion - Rounds 2-3


Recommended Posts

Our secondary will limit the opponents if they can be kept fresh, so get me best available big nasty oline and/or te with the next two or three picks to keep our offense on the field.

Will also help us to see if Sam is the real deal so we know what to do at QB next year.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a future left tackle pick here if we can find someone who can lock down the position and be our guy for years to come.  LT and shutdown corner in the first 2 rounds? What a huge draft this could be if we take care of 2 huge nagging issues in the first 2 rounds.

  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

But some nagging feeling tells me to watch for the possibility of Kellen Mond...

God Please NO! ...

Every Safety is in Play, All the TE's except for Pitts in play, and several decent LT's. I like Eichenberg, Jenkins, and Radunz. Cosmi I'm not thrilled about but I'd rather have him than Mond! 

Edited by Michael G
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I would love a future left tackle pick here if we can find someone who can lock down the position and be our guy for years to come.  LT and shutdown corner in the first 2 rounds? What a huge draft this could be if we take care of 2 huge nagging issues in the first 2 rounds.

I don't think there are many elite LT's waiting. But I am okay with a LT that ends up being a very good OG. 

Hell, I'm happy with an NFL caliber OL at this point.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think there are many elite LT's waiting. But I am okay with a LT that ends up being a very good OG. 

Hell, I'm happy with an NFL caliber OL at this point.

Nope.  All of the remaining ones have major concerns.   I hope we just throw a ton of darts and hope one hits.   I just dont understand this team sometimes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Nope.  All of the remaining ones have major concerns.   I hope we just throw a ton of darts and hope one hits.   I just dont understand this team sometimes. 

There are some good IOL prospects available. I don't expect us to go OL in the 2nd, however.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Teven Jenkins.  I know his pass pro. isn't quite on the level as his run blocking, but oooeee, he is a road-grading mauler that plays with a mean streak in the run game. I know that might "sound" like a RT and not a LT, but I don't think he's incapable of playing on the left. Also, he's got to be better than who we have currently over there.  Obviously it would be nice for the team to give Moton a shot over at LT, where many feel he could also thrive.  But I don't think the Moton or the team have interest in screwing up a good thing, and he'll stay over on the right and continue to lock it down.  

Also, having Jenkins is insurance in case they can't reach an extension agreement with Moton.  If Moton leaves and Jenkins is better suited to RT, we can slide him over.

  • Pie 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if Radunz falls be he’d be nice.

or Creed Humphrey G/C

but we may go safety which would probably put this bird over the edge haha.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...