• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick up Sam Darnolds 5th

TheWiz

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, there's a lot more evidence to point to in Panthers' history than our most recent draft pick.

I get that. I was at the Denver game in person with a mask on going out sad and have been disappointed like the rest of us over the years.

But it’s Fitt and Rhules first draft together. Every one wanted Hurney up out of here ASAP we at least need to give the new guy a chance before we just assume he’s going to be an abject failure like Marty so often was. I’m personally willing to wait before I make any declarations of this guy is trash or that guy is trash but to each their own. I hope we have a great day 2 in the draft! 

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Fair enough. If that’s the case I am surprised they put on the QB smoke screen to not take any deals down. Maybe they didn’t want to take a chance on losing Horn.

The smoke screen was to help them get a hall of picks if their top target didn't get to them I'm sure.  They stuck to their board in the end because the value offered to move back and not risk missing out on getting one of guys they wanted.  

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Panther fans have no reason to hate Sam Darnold. We ALL want him to do well. We just have no reason to believe that all of a sudden he's going to transform into anything that he hasn't always been. 

There is reason to believe that with more weapons and a better system, he COULD become the player he was drafted to be. Our FO is taking that bet.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

It’s not just the Saints that won with Teddy.

Teddy Icewater’s history of winning extends all the way back to his youth football days. Rhule is literally the only coach that hasn’t won with Teddy as his QB.

Teddy was made the scapegoat for other organizational failings and the fan base bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Teddy, we don’t reach over the goal line. Especially in Green Bay.

48 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The odds are stacked against you in finding an all pro LT after the first.  None of the guys still left can come in and start.  Darnold is fuged

You cant write Darnold off before he's even played a down, give him a chance at least.

• Pie 5

36 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

I woulda took what Chicago gave up.

If we were at 11 you may have a point.  At 8? Not enough to move back to where the Bears were and still get one of their top 2 or 3 top rated players still left on their board to make it worth it.   

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Insiders have said several times that the team wasn't very high on Lance.

Their thought was that he doesn't fit Joe Brady's system.

And how long is old Joe going to be here? Joe gone as so as a team comes calling with a HC gig.

• Poo 1