• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All aboard the Tommy Tremble bandwagon

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Seems like the kind of guy I would have been pumped to land in the 5th or 6th round. Not sure I see the value in a 3rd round pick for a blocking TE/H-Back with limited pass catching ability. 

He was projected as a third rounder by most.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2021/tommy-tremble

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Seems like the kind of guy I would have been pumped to land in the 5th or 6th round. Not sure I see the value in a 3rd round pick for a blocking TE/H-Back with limited pass catching ability. 

Bearing in mind McKitty was taken in the 3rd round, NFL teams clearly value the TE position. 

19 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Lost Armah and Manhertz this off season.  Dan Arnold is basically a large WR. We needed a capable blocker. If he can improve his receiving skills we got a steal.

I 100% don't disagree but blocking TE's can be had relatively easily later in the draft, as UDFA's or free agents. 

Not so much knocking the player, more critical of the positional value.

• Pie 2

His passing game is underrated and I feel really good about this staff's ability to develop him. Catching has to improve (extremely Manhertz in that regard) but he has plenty of role models here and when he gets the ball in his hands he's more athletic than Thomas or Olsen even. Also plays with more ferocity which bodes well for his work ethic. He's going to get a lot of open looks because of the attention on everyone else. Great situation for all involved.

• The D 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That is actually not a bad point. As bad as we are likely to be at LT, having a nasty blocking TE could be the safety net that limits how much damage our LT situation could cause. 

Considering how likely it is that our LT is a turnstile, if we see a lot of schemed help from Tremble(or others) that would make me feel a lot better about the coaches understanding the roster situation a little better. The anti-Shula move.

lol We all know that LT is going to be a challenge this year. But I don't think many folks actually believe it is going to be that atrocious.

Or...I could be wrong.