• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: Derrick Brown.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I had to put it on mute half way through.

That guy's voice....oye.

Liked watching the clips of Brown. He's gonna beast this year.

Same. I feel like eagerness to talk a lot on YouTube and knowing what you are talking about aren't necessarily the same thing. I couldn't make it as long as you did.

40 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

All things considered, just having flashes was a disappointment considering how he was supposed to be the best talent in the draft and the most pro ready. He wasn't bad, I just had high expectations.

Rookie DTs rarely make a huge impact unless they are generational talents (Donald, Suh), especially guys who are run stuffers.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

41 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

All things considered, just having flashes was a disappointment considering how he was supposed to be the best talent in the draft and the most pro ready. He wasn't bad, I just had high expectations.

Gotta understand the role of the position and also his stage of development. He was absolutely pro ready in terms of the run game and being physically ready to compete. Everyone knew his pass rush skills needed refinement and since sacks are about the only DL stat the average fan pays attention to, if a DL isn't getting sacks them he's a "disappointment". He's not an Aaron Donald type. Anyone expecting that is going to continue to be disappointed. If all goes well, Brown is going to be Kris Jenkins without the weight issues - a.k.a. arguably the best all-around DT in the league.

• Pie 8

The people saying brown disappointed perplex me the most since people fell over themselves praising Chris Gamble, who was never better than fine. 

Like what the fug did anyone expect? It was either Aaron Donald or bust.

I seriously think half the people on this site don't actually watch games and are just a CIA op to mildly annoy me. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

The people saying brown disappointed perplex me the most since people fell over themselves praising Chris Gamble, who was never better than fine. 

Team positional history. Historically, we're very strong along the DL. Weak in the secondary. That's why good players like Gamble and Minter are so fondly remembered. You also remembering all the other trash that played those positions for us. Same with Gross at LT. Yeah, Gross was good but the way us Panthers fans recall him you'd think he was Jonathan Ogden. It's just because we've historically been soooo bad at the position. Gross is our oasis in the desert at LT.

• Pie 5