• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rashaan Gaulden available

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Well, since the rest of the draft was CMC, Samuel, Moton, Elder, Armah and Butker, I’d say oh well. You don’t hit on every pick in a draft. Problem comes when you only hit on 1 player per draft. We’ve reversed course on that after Rhule took over with his college player knowledge and we added Fitterer.

Good point. 

9 hours ago, Rubi said:

Remember when Tepper said Hurney was like the best college talent evaluator...

that aged well and lasted a long time...it only set the team back a couple years keeping the Hurn dog around longer 

I think Tepper went overboard to justify keeping Hurney around for smooth transition or whatever reason. I always felt that Hurney would be canned - just didn’t seem to fit the direction of the new org.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

We’ve reversed course on that after Rhule took over with his college player knowledge and we added Fitterer.

Well, let's not get too carried away too quickly. We have one data point that also includes Hurney(2020 draft class). This is basically the first Hurney-free draft we have had, so this one is the real test. 

And we won't know the results for at least 2-3 seasons. 

Another bad draft pick that made no sense.

I remember I think it was Jalen Ramsey hyping this guy up in the off-season. I was thinking, maybe I’m wrong and he does end up being a good player. Nope, he sucked and was just being hyped up by his friend. 

14 hours ago, Castavar said:

You know how fans jokingly say they are better than their team's GM? Well I honestly think the majority of the huddle would have been better than Hurney. Holy hell this dude and his diamond in the rough reaches. The only dude I loathe more than this man was Ron and his stubborn ass coaching.........And we had these morons as a pair 😱 What a fuggin waste of a generational QB and a generation LB. Yes, I will never live that down until we win a superbowl.

We had a GM convinced he was good at finding diamonds in the rough when he couldn't tell the difference between the Hope diamond and a lump of coal, picking players for a coach that ordered his depth chart by seniority, so even if the lumps of coal had been diamonds, they would not have played, anyway.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

By reversing course, I mean I don’t feel like a Jets fan in all those draft videos after they announce another stupid pick like I did when Marty took Little, Gaulden and Grier using 4, yes 4, day two picks. The past two drafts I didn’t want to yack after round 1.

Also, I still believe that the 2020 draft was extremely coach driven. Rhule was intent on fixing the D and that’s what he got.

Yeah, the last two drafts look like Rhule was largely in the drivers seat.

It is clearly his show right now.