• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick your 2021 LT

Pick your 2021 LT   

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ultimately wins the 21’ LT competition? State your case

• Dennis Daley
    • Trent Scott
    • Cam Erving
    • Greg little (LOLz)
    • Brady Christensen

8 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Arms are too short to play LT. Rhule said this himself. I think he can be a pro bowl guard though. He's a stud.

I know he said that, and I disagree.

Does Arm Length Affect OT Play? | PFF News & Analysis | PFF

" With a linear fit, we actually see a negative correlation, where guys with longer arms perform worse in general."

I know PFF sucks.  But according to them there is no correlation, in fact, if anything, longer arms perform slightly worse.   I think its an old coaches myth reinforced by self fulfilling rostering.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Moton was drafted  64th from W. Michigan U with a RAS of 8.46 as  Guard

and BC was drafted 70th from         BYU          with a RAS of 9.84 as Tackle

Daley was drafted   212th from     S Carolina    with a RAS of 4.92 as Tackle

I'm really confused by the huddle sometimes.

Daley is winning this poll, but did not look good when he took the field 2 years ago and was out most of last year where he only started one game at LT which he didn't finish.  Why the love?

Meanwhile BC hasn't played a snap, but he sucks because he was taken 70th.

I understand loving Moton who was drafted 64th because he has shown he can do it.

The contrast of reactions to BC and Daley is puzzling.

I selected Daley by process of elimination.  I think BC plays one guard spot or the other.  I dont think Ervins health will hold, Little is trash. Moton plays RT.

Now, Brady could straight up earn the LT spot.  It just not that likely.  So again we're left with DD.

6 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I selected Daley by process of elimination.  I think BC plays one guard spot or the other.  I dont think Ervins health will hold, Little is trash. Moton plays RT.

Now, Brady could straight up earn the LT spot.  It just not that likely.  So again we're left with DD.

BC is a rookie and we need to ease him in.  That said, we have games to play and we're all worried about Erving and Little slated at Left.  

• Pie 1

Yes Rhule said BC was Rt or G... And that is the offseason coach speak that has been latched on to like it was etched in stone and then written in blood. (Sorry, couldn't decide on which idiom to use.) It would not be the first time a coach just said some bs. I don't think he starts the season at LT or is even the backup LT. But I would not be surprised if he moves into that spot next year.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Snake said:

The draft some times dictates what you get but if Fitters hits just a few home runs this year in the draft it will be a lot easier to focus on a few positions next year.

I am just not going to believe that we couldn't find offensive linemen in this past draft. Especially considering we needed almost every position on the line as both starters and backups. 

I hope we end up with all three of our selections in our two deep. At least that will make that a little less of a body blow.

21 hours ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

With Taylor moton and the right side solidified for the next 5 years, who is your pick to step up and win the starting LT job in 2021 and possibly beyond? 

My choice to start at LT would be Dennis Daley until someone else proves they are more capable.

21 hours ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am just not going to believe that we couldn't find offensive linemen in this past draft. Especially considering we needed almost every position on the line as both starters and backups. 

I hope we end up with all three of our selections in our two deep. At least that will make that a little less of a body blow.

From reports they really were not very sold on them. Even tepper was really wanting line so it must not have been a good class in their eyes. Time will tell.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

can we put two guys in the same number, and hope no one notices?

or.....We could put both dudes into one huge jersey and put them on the field at the same time---if we put in Deonte B. at LG it wouldn't look so off.............

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Michael G said:

or.....We could put both dudes into one huge jersey and put them on the field at the same time---if we put in Deonte B. at LG it wouldn't look so off.............

if anyone says anything, we can get all offended and say, you’re prejudiced against guys with 2 heads! 

• Beer 1

It’ll probably be LT by committee again this season, but Week 1 I think it’ll be Trent Scott. When they re-signed him they spoke very highly of him. He started a 4 games at LT last season and didn’t look bad doing it.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw 4 or 5 different guys start at LT this season, and I bet one of those guys is Moton. Either way it’ll be the most important position to address in the offseason next year aside from if Darnold flops. 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, stbugs said:

Agreed. All things equal, Moton playing well at LT makes it easier to get to a solid OL. We’ve heard them say BC is a RT or G, so if Moton can man LT, it helps us a lot more. That said, if he has issues then you leave him at RT. 

IMO, that is a tough choice. Paradis, Miller, and Moton played well last year. If you put BCris at LG, you only need to fill LT. Or, if you put BChris at RT, and Moton at LT. You need to find a LG.

I like going BChris at LG. I don't like DTs collapsing the pocket. I want my QB to be able to step up. Plus we have Tremble to help out.

Or, if we put BChris at RT. We have a bunch of guys to throw at LG.

Flip of a coin kinda thing?

Edit to add. With a little luck, this could be something. What that something is? 

Edited by iamhubby1