• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Monday Camp Thread

Zod

Just now, MHS831 said:

Weren't those things he did during games and not practice?

#1 threw high passes and turnovers in camp and there was plenty of discussion about it no different than now. Idk why the kid gloves all the sudden but I guess memories get a little fuzzy.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

These guys are having tons of info thrown at them, they are trying to stay hydrated.  Their legs feel like rubber and the heat makes it difficult to think.  Day 1--you are pumped.  Day 6?  You are closer to a zombie.  Trust me (based on college) they are counting the days...

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Our last franchise qb was scrutinized on everything from his throws to how he sat on the bench to how he celebrated. Scrutiny comes with the position chief 🤷‍♂️

So if you didnt like it or think it was fair then why would you choose to continue the cycle?  There just isnt much benefit in scrutinizing every single throw in the first week of practice on a new team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

So if you didnt like it or think it was fair then why would you choose to continue the cycle?  There just isnt much benefit in scrutinizing every single throw in the first week of practice on a new team.

I believe this is my first camp thread remarking on his passes. But also it was specifically about a pick six though. That detail will garner a little more attention. Look we all know Sam has the arm and the ability it boils down to that next step. We want him to take it but this is the stuff he has to get out of his system now.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The constant conundrum of training camp. For one player/unit to have success requires another player/unit to struggle. Hence the constant hand wringing.

It makes the joint team practices much more exciting.

• Pie 5

50 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Who is currently RB2? 

Looked to be either Hubbard or Bonnafon based on what I saw Sat. night, but Rhule is giving a lot of the RBs reps with the ones.  I saw Rodney Smith, Darius Clark, and Spencer Brown sprinkled in a little bit.

The one guy who didn't see RB reps was Trenton Cannon, who was doing drills with the WR's.  I personally think this is to showcase his versatility.  Cannon is the #1 KR currently, and I think the staff is looking at him as primarily a returner with the ability to be RB4 or WR7 if needed along with playing ST's.  I think he has a great chance of making the team.

In fact, I think the one spot that could be up for grabs is Bonnafon's.  CMC is CMC, Hubbard will make the team, as will Cannon I think.  One of the guys mentioned above will have to beat out Bonnafon IMO, but I think Bonnafon has to slip for that to happen.

I think the RB depth (barring injuries) will be:

RB1: CMC (it's almost beyond accolades at this point to sa

RB2: Hubbard (he was also KR2 from what I saw)

RB3: Bonnafon (did really well in the limited opportunities backing up CMC in 2019 before injury last year)

RB4/WR7/KR1: Cannon

Biggest takeaway to me is that Rhule puts a lot of value on RB's being able to rush and catch passes from the RB spot

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The constant conundrum of training camp. For one player/unit to have success requires another player/unit to struggle. Hence the constant hand wringing.

They practice all season and the same things happen. Its just that fans don't get daily practice updates.

I don't get the impression that those who over emphasize every rep played sports.