• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Return guy?

ncfan

This is a position I’ve hardly heard anyone mention this far through camp.  Other than I believe @Zod mentioning Shi struggling to field punts on of the 1st days.

We have struggled here for several years as well.   Cooper was 16th in the NFL last year for us in PR avg with 5.8 yards per return

i don’t see CMC, DJ, Marshall, Robby, etc returning it.  So who will be the guy? If Shi is struggling to field the kicks,  maybe not him

David Moore?

T. Cannon, PR I think the team is looking for a way to get him on the 53 heard he has been working with the WR also and looking decent. 

Hubbard, KR has done it in the past and can also get him on the field because we all know CMC not coming out the game much.

PUNT RETURN
Starter: David Moore.

Reserve: Shi Smith.

Moore has gotten the majority of the returns in practice. He returned 12 punts for 111 yards in 2020 when he played for the Seahawks. He should fill the same role for the Panthers, who haven’t found a consistent returner in recent years.

KICK RETURN
Starter: Trenton Cannon.

Reserve: Shi Smith.

Cannon was one of the Panthers’ best special teams players in 2020. He returned 10 kicks for 298 yards, including a 98-yard return in 2020.

Smith’s experience at South Carolina returning punts and kicks should put him in a position to be a backup.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article253278653.html

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

one day...the Panthers will just draft or bring in a guy that actually returns punts.  Sounds crazy.  But one day.  Maybe a hundred years from now.  They will figure that out. 

Didn't they try that with Joe Adams?

1 hour ago, CRA said:

one day...the Panthers will just draft or bring in a guy that actually returns punts.  Sounds crazy.  But one day.  Maybe a hundred years from now.  They will figure that out. 

Returner is a liiiiiittle low on the list when rebooting a roster.