• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Fan Fest Thoughts and Observations...

firstdayfan

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

All I know is, DJ must've impregnated one of the EA Dev's wives at some point, bc they hate his guts

It’s the strangest paradox I’ve come across in my fandom.  
DJ looks like he’s paying bills, balancing his checkbook and organizing his sock drawer when in reality he just caught a slant over the middle broke two tackles and floated 65 yards into the end zone.

Anybody else does that, they make headlines.  DJ does it and folks are asleep before he crosses the goal line.

It the craziest thing I’ve encountered as a Panthers fan.

• Pie 4

33 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

It’s the strangest paradox I’ve come across in my fandom.  
DJ looks like he’s paying bills, balancing his checkbook and organizing his sock drawer when in reality he just caught a slant over the middle broke two tackles and floated 65 yards into the end zone.

Anybody else does that, they make headlines.  DJ does it and folks are asleep before he crosses the goal line.

It the craziest thing I’ve encountered as a Panthers fan.

Well put.😂  I have been noticing that same phenomenon for quite awhile as well, and despite all of the stats he has put up and the names he is alongside or surpassed in doing so (like last year's stat about him having the most yards over the last 2 years only behind Hopkins, or the most contested catches, etc.), the rest of the NFL fans don't even acknowledge him.  And this has all been with mediocre QB play (and for the record, Cam was never mediocre, just injured those last couple of seasons.  Referring mostly to Kyle and Teddy).

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, firstdayfan said:

Now to the elephant in the room, what did I think of Sam Darnold?

20210806_205449.thumb.jpg.172089e0822009aed793adca2d7fed56.jpg

I was happy with his performance and feel much better about the upcoming season after watching him tonight. He has everything you want in a QB, size, arm talent, mobility, and its incredibly obvious when you see him out there spinning it. Grier and Walker just don't even look like they're in the same league as Sam. Another thing I liked was his energy, he just looked like a leader out there, messing around with teammates, playing it up to the crowd. I just liked everything I saw, in 1v1's his touch, velocity and deep accuracy were excellent and after some of the doom and gloom of the first week of camp I am completely happy with him as our QB right now. Obviously this could change once real bullets start flying but I'm telling you, he has all the tools, if the coaches and offensive line can help him succeed, I have no trouble believing he could have a solid season and turn into a top 15 starting QB.

But but but.....

"Man, everything I'm hearing about Darnold out of camp has severely dampened my excitement. " - CanePantherHornet 🤪

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wow. What were they thinking? Those are the worst seats possible. You're going to spend the entire game watching from the TVs because you're not gonna be able to see poo unless the action is on the goal line in front of you.

I agree those seats won't be good and it looks to me like they want to give things a bit of an NBA courtside type feel. If they really wanted to do that, they should have put them on the 50 yard line instead. But if you have the money and only care about being seen, I suppose the seats will serve their purpose.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You know during each thread on practices since preseason started there has been one noticable statement that I see.

Darnold drops a dime to *****.  You can insert whatever receivers name you want.  It seems he's really throwing good passes.   I know there have been some bad throws here and there but for the most part it seems Dime is the preferred term. 

I'm excited to see how he does in live action.

Wouldn't it be sweet irony if he ended up being the most accurate passer in franchise history?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1