• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kurt Warner takes a look at Panther WR situation

Captain Morgan

24 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

Is DJ really a little guy?  He is not Megatron or Julio big but Kurt just being Kurt. 

No, not at all. Honestly, Smitty wasn't either. Dude was built like a RB. He was a short WR, not a small WR. DJ is built the same way. He's basically built like a 6' tall Smitty. And while 6' might not be a "big" WR it's not a small one either.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Kurt even said  even though a  lot of balls were underthrown the receivers adjusted for that and made plays.

In  theory Darnold will not be under throwing them. 

According to the Deep Ball Project, Teddy led the league last year in inaccurate deep balls that were still caught, with 5.   Considering he had 20 completed deep balls...that means 25% of his deep completions were considered inaccurate.

Its a testament to how good DJ, Robbie and Samuel are.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Kurt is only concerning himself with our Big 3.  By adding a TE that can catch the ball, it's gonna be fun to watch.  Darnold's stats this year will surprise a lots of "experts."

I dunno, feels like most talking heads have been giving him the benefit of the doubt coming off that Jets stint and the turn-around Tannehill saw once he went to a more talented / better coached roster. 

DJ & Robby are 1K + receivers, CMC is a 1K + runner / receiver -- there's only a handful of teams with a better top 3. If the combination of Arnold / Thomas / Tremble can give us 800 yards collectively our offense will be looking like one of the best IF Darnold's decision making in NY was an aberration based on trying to do too much too often / bad personnel / coaching. 

• Beer 1

These receivers did this well without CMC on the field in most games. To try and cover the three of them, plus Arnold at TE (hope he lives up to the promise) and whoever ends up being the third receiver...

Darnold has some of the best tools in the league to work with. I sure hope he can make something great with them.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

These receivers did this well without CMC on the field in most games. To try and cover the three of them, plus Arnold at TE (hope he lives up to the promise) and whoever ends up being the third receiver...

Darnold has some of the best tools in the league to work with. I sure hope he can make something great with them.

Our offense should be deadly this year.  3 legit WR weapons in Moore, Anderson and Marshall.  Then you have the best all around back in the NFL in CMC.  Add a legit seam/field stretcher guy at TE in Arnold and we should be downright unstoppable if Sam can just be accurate and decisive with his throws.  Im very, very excited about the potential of this team.  Most of the nation media has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to this years Panthers team.  Both offense and defense have the potential to be special. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1