• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team discipline

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

DBO sign has proven ineffective, hope he doesn't use it during games

A couple of fights during a 2 team practice. Does not mean the sign isn't working.

Also, thinking he would use it during a game is pretty dramatic don't you think? I mean, what would make you think he would do that?

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's really hard to get a clear picture of anything based on tweets. They're too short, the people making them have bias and they want to get attention.

Twitter turns every sentence in to something you are supposed to have some side you need to take on it.

It's concerning most aren't aware of how limited a view you are getting from them.

This and the abbreviations have always reminded me of a real-life "newspeak" from 1984.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't mind camp fights. Never have. If you don't have some scuffles then there's not enough effort. This is football. These guys aren't playing soccer out there. Anyone who ever played football knows any August practice that was worth a fug has some scuffles. Doesn't mean poo. Doesn't mean lack of discipline. Doesn't mean had blood. Just means you're playing football and going all out in miserable August heat.

“That’s why girl’s don’t play the game, coach.”

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Yeah, not worried about the fights today. Panthers needed to match the intensity of the Colts and not back down. Sounds like they did that today. Now, if personal fouls are a thing during the season, that is a different story. Before Game 1, Coach needs to ensure they can bring the heat without hurting the team.

I think yesterday was partly a result of the player who got cut after the hard hit last week. Young players may have backed off too much after that. Vets are better at turning intensity on and off when needed; young pups have to learn how to do that. Rhule needed to see that intensity today and he did. Now to get the kinks works out, which may take awhile with such a young roster. 

Me neither.  I remember reading their dbs were beating the sht out of our wr's and tightends yesterday, so I'm glad we fought back.  In a game, we need to channel it, but if their coach allows this sht, bring it on.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I hate the brand of football where everyone is a goody two shoes who claims they love and respect one another. I want my team to be like the Bears, Broncos, or Seahawks of recent memory where you absolutely dread having to face them because you know it's going to be a dog fight.

We should of cleared benches when they were head hunting Cam.  It teaches the refs to call it.

• Pie 4

I don't worry much about practice fights either, but there is a line when it comes to real games. Doing stupid stuff can cost you (Steve Smith would testify to that).

I definitely prefer the team standing up for themselves and teammates. You just have to be smart about how you do it.

Take the players way from their families, gfs, wives, ect, and have them brutalize one another in extreme heat. It's a wonder fights don't break out more often. If anything the fighting is less violent than playing, except it's against the rules.

The further we get into the Rhule era, then more I think of him as an intellectual hard working protectionist, but not as much of a terrific leader of millionaire football players. It takes a particular talent to get grown men with F-you money to listen and obey your type-A detailed go the extra mile list of rules, and the throw in the embarrassing DBO sign and I don't know how happy the players are with this coaching staff. But this is still very early and I'm on the outside trying to make something out of scraps, so it's likely I could be way off. Just some speculation.

• Pie 1