• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question...what if P.J is better then S D?

Jmac

Crazy that this fan base feels PJ is not a good backup. Some of you need your heads checked. PJ went out there and did not commit any turnovers. Look good on most of his throws. Yes he had a few that was off target but he was playing with the second stringers. Why all the disrespect? Mad because he balled out? Sad fan base. It’s okay, I hope Sam can keep his composure after getting sacked. And please cut down on the interceptions. Dude average 12 to 13 interception but we acting like he is accurate. 58.9% do not show that. Plus he has yet to play a full season and that’s a fact!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

As terribad as Teddy was last year, Walker only got to see the field when Teddy was injured. I expect the same scenario this season.

The coaches couldn’t bench their 63m dollar man lol. Watch the lions game again. The tempo of the offense was far superior to that of any led by teddy 

I don't think there's anyway Darnold isn't the starter all season barring injury.

If you wanted a solid backup, then you should have kept Teddy for another season.

At this point, you just have to eat the losses and get a high draft pick if Darnold goes down or isn't the answer.

If you're not a contender, then having a "good" backup QB is kind of pointless IMO.

2 hours ago, gofightwin said:

The defense gave up like 225 TOTAL yards that game. It would have taken a miracle to lose it. Lets look at the rest of his stats for the season.  Downright horrifying (and that includes the DET game). 

image.thumb.png.160bf7f3f887732a784da7b4b39b2cf1.png

A miracle might be a bit of a stretch. 

There is a team in NY that once gave up only 168 total yards.....and still managed to lose.  I won't get into too many details about that miracle though. 

3 hours ago, Jmac said:

How long a leash will they give S.D if he is struggling? Half a season? The entire season? P.J is the only option if they have to look elsewhere. Grier is not an option.

Will the coach pull the plug if the starter isn't working out?

Everyone is forgetting he went 10/21 and threw a touchdown on accident.

He had 1 TD and 2 INTs in his start. And threw 3 INTs against the Saints.

He is butt.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I didnt see posts like that.   I saw a couple mentioning he wasnt a good backup and one mentioning an overreaction to 1 preseason game but those are both responses to the post.  I didnt really notice any saying the post shouldnt have been made.  

Pretty much.

Didn't really think it was that hard to understand.

Like others said, we’re likely rolling with Darnold all year as long as he’s healthy, so I doubt PJ gets any playing time at all unless Darnold is throwing like 5 picks a week.  Frankly I’m okay with it.  He has great weapons and can throw deep.  His scrambling ability is pretty good too, which unfortunately he’ll probably have to use due to the OL question marks. 

After watching Teddy last season, at least Darnold can keep it entertaining.  Whether it’s entertainment via comedy or good football remains to be seen.  I’m just here for the ride. 

• Beer 1