• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perspective, Directive, and Erective - The Panthers offensive woes and you

Zod

From where I'm sitting the top 5 in no particular order is Moton, the 2 rookies, Paradis, and Delay.  Who backs them up? That is the question that needs answered.  

Irving and Elfin are in there somewhere so that's 7.  There will be 2 more spots I assume up for grabs.  Who you got?

I try not to get to invested in *anything* pre-season. It's just so rarely a good indicator imho.

Having said, that I do see some bright spots...and areas for concern. We'll just have to let things play out. I'm hopeful for a competitive season and think that's reasonable. Playoffs would be a nice surprise. If we stink it up...well, back to the drawing board.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

From where I'm sitting the top 5 in no particular order is Moton, the 2 rookies, Paradis, and Delay.  Who backs them up? That is the question that needs answered.  

Irving and Elfin are in there somewhere so that's 7.  There will be 2 more spots I assume up for grabs.  Who you got?

Proabably Miller and Scott. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I agree. I think because we got so badly stuffed that they called another run on 4th to see it again. Darnold having a play action fake rollout TD to say Arnold isn’t as important as figuring out who should be the LG.

Elflein and Paradis were both blown up.

On the plus side Erving did a good job of creating that lane but the FB got hit way too early because Elflein and Paradis got blown up so badly. If they don’t, the FB has the let block and an easy TD.

We are going to regret taking a LS over Trey Smith*. We needed to continue to take OL like we did with Brown and Moore (even if he didn’t work out). From an article yesterday:

"Let me tell you something about Trey Smith," ESPN analyst Louis Riddick said before Friday's game. "This is a sixth-round pick who may wind up being their best offensive lineman. He's going to be fun to watch tonight. He's going to have some highlight-type blocks.”

Daley and Smith at guards and you don’t have this happen. Brown in the future too. Elflein isn’t a mauler at all and will probably prove to be a waste of money. fuging LS over a guy with day 2 talent. Pick the LS up after the draft.

* Again, I loved the draft but that was a mistake. Take Smith and it’s potentially a draft we can talk about as our moment of turning the corner. If Brown and Christensen work out, this could have been our fix the OL draft with a 3rd and two 6ths. fuging LS.

Trey Smith being the guy with medical red flags, right?

I yea this is very optimistic. I’m very skeptical of that Oline. It’s been a problem for years. It hasn’t been addressed properly and at other times ignored. We’ve known it’s a problem. I hope the coaches know it’s a problem (sometimes it’s hard to tell).

This isn’t a surprise, it’s not new, it’s obviously a problem.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I think Miller is in that top 5 group. Maybe not Daley.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

No I understand completely when we looked like we did we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Teams that are 0-2 right now are teams with MVP quarterbacks. Repsond back to me when u think you know more about football!

bro bro your age is showing

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1