• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

some good offensive line news...

Captain Morgan

I do not think we see Brady right away--but we will see him by midseason.  We need 2-3 OL on rookie contracts, imo, to use the cap where we need it.  At the moment, none are, and they are not that good.

If we can get Brown and Christensen in the lineup, that bodes well for the next 3 seasons after this one.  I personally think, if Daley steps up and stays healthy, we can be good on the offensive line this year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Wait....do we like PFF now? 

No, we still think they are crap.

In this case however, all they had to do was count.  I will begrudgingly admit that they can probably count.

As long as they have a calculator.

And a pocket protector.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I cringe to go all “Huddle realist” for a second…but we’ve technically only allowed 3 sacks all preseason and so the vast majority of our o-linemen have allowed 0 sacks lol. I’d be interested to see the pressures. Christensen I bet has the most or nearly the most pass-blocking snaps of all our o-linemen and he certainly passes the eye test, so not trying to take anything away from him. This just feels a bit incomplete as far as a statistical snapshot.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Wait....do we like PFF now? 

Lol…of course

I personally like PFF. All metrics have flaws. The curious thing is anyone who bitches about it on this forum for some reason can’t seem to point to a better source or metric

I’m still waiting for that better source with perfect metrics

as for the topic I think at his worst he’ll be solid depth. Just an opinion because preseasons means jack, but this is good

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I do not think we see Brady right away--but we will see him by midseason.  We need 2-3 OL on rookie contracts, imo, to use the cap where we need it.  At the moment, none are, and they are not that good.

If we can get Brown and Christensen in the lineup, that bodes well for the next 3 seasons after this one.  I personally think, if Daley steps up and stays healthy, we can be good on the offensive line this year.

Panthers O-Line was at their best when they had Norwell and Turner on rookie contracts. Just having 2 cheap quality starters could turn many things around.

• Pie 2