• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

5 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Rhule said today Sam has more chemistry with Dj than Robby.... Interesting! Our weapons are insane.

The reporters are also pretty blunt with what they are implying and the narrative being set with their questions at times….think some of that is Rhule dancing with them and just trying to run as counter to it as possible with an answer. 

(Repost, right thread this time)

I said it earlier this off season it makes all the sense in the world to extend Robby when everyone wanted to trade him. We have our rookies on the cheap the next four years and D.J for this year and next

Front load the deal, make it 2-3 years and team friendly. Extend D.J next off season.....win

I don’t think you guys realize how close DJ and Robbie are. There kids call them uncle and they’ve said they have a little/big brother relationship.

This extension almost guarantees DJ will be staying a Panther. I’d be willing to bet DJ lobbied for them to extend Robbie. Team chemistry is a big deal and I’m sure Rhule and co know that.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Reddick over DJ? He hasn't played a down for Carolina yet. DJ is only 24 years old and wide receiver is a very coveted position in a pass happy league. Way too early for any of this. It hinges more on the development of our rookie receivers this year and is also dependent on one of them stepping into a starting spot when Anderson moves on. This is a dilemma I'd rather not consider rn. Let's hope Darnold is as advertised around here.

We can sign both Reddick and Moore when the time comes. If it comes to that. This is a good problem to have. 

42 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I don’t think you guys realize how close DJ and Robbie are. There kids call them uncle and they’ve said they have a little/big brother relationship.

This extension almost guarantees DJ will be staying a Panther. I’d be willing to bet DJ lobbied for them to extend Robbie. Team chemistry is a big deal and I’m sure Rhule and co know that.

It's been so long since we've had one good receiver it's just hard to imagine having two locked up, heh.

• Pie 1

There are some truly awful takes in this thread. Now that I see the details of the contract, it's a great deal. Basically we tore up his current contract (which he clearly outplayed) and signed him to a 3 year, $37.5 million deal. That's exactly what Corey Davis got but he had even more guaranteed money. Meanwhile elite #1s signing contracts now are getting at least $20 million per year. Deandre Hopkins is frickin getting $27+ million. Stop acting like we're paying him #1 money. $12.5 million was #1 money in 2012. And keep in mind, we have a 1a and 1b situation in Carolina. Yeah I think DJ is more talented but objectively their stats were really close last year. 

If you ask me, I don't know if this deal happens without us drafting Terrace Marshall and him looking like the real deal in preseason. Robby's camp had to see that and think Terrace might make him look dispensable and minimize his leverage. But assuming we're gonna play a lot of 3 WR sets anyway, we can use 3 damn good receivers. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Reddick over DJ? He hasn't played a down for Carolina yet. DJ is only 24 years old and wide receiver is a very coveted position in a pass happy league. Way too early for any of this. It hinges more on the development of our rookie receivers this year and is also dependent on one of them stepping into a starting spot when Anderson moves on. This is a dilemma I'd rather not consider rn. Let's hope Darnold is as advertised around here.

You are spinning my point.  Yes, Reddick over DJ IF he has a good year.  Reddick is on a 1 year deal.  We have DJ for 2 years.  Reddick, from the perspective of the GM, is the most pressing issue.

Of course it is based on performance--I never said do it now, I said don't do Moore now.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Not sure Nuk Hopkins would look elite with a busted Cam, Allen and Teddy throwing at him for 3 consecutive seasons. 

Hopkins went for 1500 yards and 11 TDs in 2015 catching passes from Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet, TJ Yates, and Brandon Weeden. If you picked any other receiver, I would probably agree with you.

59 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

There are some truly awful takes in this thread. Now that I see the details of the contract, it's a great deal. Basically we tore up his current contract (which he clearly outplayed) and signed him to a 3 year, $37.5 million deal. That's exactly what Corey Davis got but he had even more guaranteed money. Meanwhile elite #1s signing contracts now are getting at least $20 million per year. Deandre Hopkins is frickin getting $27+ million. Stop acting like we're paying him #1 money. $12.5 million was #1 money in 2012. And keep in mind, we have a 1a and 1b situation in Carolina. Yeah I think DJ is more talented but objectively their stats were really close last year. 

If you ask me, I don't know if this deal happens without us drafting Terrace Marshall and him looking like the real deal in preseason. Robby's camp had to see that and think Terrace might make him look dispensable and minimize his leverage. But assuming we're gonna play a lot of 3 WR sets anyway, we can use 3 damn good receivers. 

Explain to me how they tore up his current contract? It was 12M cap hit(8M salary + 4M signing bonus left) Adding 4.5M to it doesn’t just bring it to 12.5M. So what awful takes failed to account for this year like you just did. It’s 3/41.5M even if figured that way. 

And TM is the reason this isn’t a good idea. If he can move up to WR2, they will know by the end of the year. And do any of these players brought up play with the highest paid RB, ever. Who is a receiving weapon as well. If I’m Moore, I’m not playing a snap until my deal is done. If Robbie doesn’t have to risk it, why should he?

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

To be fair, that didn't work out so well in the case of Dan Morgan and Will Witherspoon.