• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Actually if you look.  I’m not sure it will effect this.

DJs rookie deal won’t end until after 2022 and new deal wouldn’t kick in until 2023.

Robby’s deal ends after 2023.  So only 1 year you’d have to puzzle the cap

Ya but extending him now before he’s the most loaded WR in football is out the window. 

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Can we please get a roll call of all the dopes spreading the "Robby doesn't want to be here" conspiracy theories?

You know who you are.

the "conspiracy theory", or at least one I was aware of,  was Robby didn't want to play football this season without a new deal.   Here is the deal. 

Just now, CAPantherFan said:

Panthers & Robby Anderson have agreed to a two-year extension, league source confirms. 

Some details on numbers, per source:
$12.5m in 2021 (added $4.5m)
$13m in 2022
$12m in 2023

$20.5m guaranteed.

Essentially a three-year/$37.5m deal ($12.5m AAV)

Still too high. He’s a 6-8 million WR. Let him go test the market. He’ll be back. 

• Poo 10

Just now, CAPantherFan said:

Panthers & Robby Anderson have agreed to a two-year extension, league source confirms. 

Some details on numbers, per source:
$12.5m in 2021 (added $4.5m)
$13m in 2022
$12m in 2023

$20.5m guaranteed.

Essentially a three-year/$37.5m deal ($12.5m AAV)

I thought he was at $10M this year, not $8M? Very happy we're putting some of the extension on this year's cap. Great contract.

9 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Nice. This ensures having a great starting trio for the next 3 years. I don't think it is any accident that this length of contract coincides with DJ needing a new deal and Terrace developing. I like it.

Exactly. We're slightly overpaying, but it fits into the long term plan IMO.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Also probably some incentives baked in there, the initial number reported is always higher than the real number. Wouldn't be surprised if his cap hits are closer to $12-13M/year (on average, I'm sure the structure will be different).

It's why I always disagree with everyone that says the Matt KAlil Deal was the worst deal in our team's history. They always claim it was 50 million, but it was only 25 guaranteed. It wasn't a good deal by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't as crippling as everyone painted it to be.

The Teddy deal on the other hand, absolute garbage.

• Flames 2

Just now, ncfan said:

You can still extend him now.  His new deal just wouldn’t start until 2023.

this is what happened with CMC

Extending means the new deal incorporates boosts into the existing deal. It happened to CMC much more akin to Robby. But if Robby gets X, DJ who is an elite talent is going to want XXX. That’s the issue. 

• Poo 2

15 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

15M a year for Robby? This is absolute trash. He’s worth 6-8M a year at the best. Welcome Hurney 2.0. Ffs. 

15 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

this is basically he’s gone writing on the wall. 

I agree with both. This is why he stayed away and was not showing up so much. Cried about wanting more money, sucks.

• Poo 1