• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets LT Becton has concussion.

top dawg

It may be a stretch, & I'm no doctor, but Becton may not be playing in the season opener. This concussion sounds kind of bad.

"Becton, listed at 6-foot-7, 363 pounds, suffered a head-to-head collision on the fourth play of the first 11-on-11 period. He appeared woozy, immediately went to the sideline and vomited." Minutes later, he walked slowly to the locker room with a trainer.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32078302/new-york-jets-lt-mekhi-becton-leaves-practice-being-evaluated-possible-concussion

They keep taking hits, and our pass rushers are priming up for a big year.

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Hate to hear about any player having a concussion. Will never forget seeing Luke in tears.

The Jets have been very unlucky with injuries.  I like their HC.  The poor guy had enough of an uphill battle with that organization.  

Maybe they organizationally do things different than other NFL franchises with TC/Practice/Preseason. San Fransisco has consistently struggled with injuries outside of their Super Bowl year too

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He showed up really out of shape and was getting roasted in their camp anyway. I think with or without him, Burns was gonna feast.

Definitely hope he recovers well, though. I liked him as a prospect and those brain injuries are not a joke. The puking thing is really concerning.

I was wondering about that. 363 pounds going into the final preseason game is heavy for a LT. I know he has always been a big guy at around 350. Even 350 is considered heavy for the most agile position on the line. Hopefully he is okay. His head injury does sound severe. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Beast_3000 said:

I was wondering about that. 363 pounds going into the final preseason game is heavy for a LT. I know he has always been a big guy at around 350. Even 350 is considered heavy for the most agile position on the line. Hopefully he is okay. His head injury does sound severe. 

You are thinking of the combine. He was 363 at the combine. He was reportedly well north of that weight during the offseason/preseason this year. 

Geez!  That's terrible.  I hate it for Becton, and I as well wish him a fully and healthy recovery.

I think most Panther fans have a different perspective on concussions as we've seen two of our best MLBs have their careers cut short by them.  

I hate it for these guys, period.  Sure they sign up for it,  they do generally get paid very well, but I still feel my stomach drop reading about these events.  I still have images of Luke sitting on a cart, crying and being completely dazed.

• Beer 2