• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFFs top graded preseason rookie wideouts.

Zod

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Wait....is PFF good again?

At this point I treat it like seeing someone you know while driving. You sit up straight, smile big and wave like an idiot.

You see that same person at Walmart and you cut down the first aisle to avoid speaking.

so, yeah.  PFF

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

haha I think that's the exception.

Like I said there is good strategy to do the deal, but we REALLY need to make the right decision

Agreed. He is going to have to have a top 10-12 type season for me to even think about an extension after one year. The lows were just too low in his career. 

I actually agree that he needs at least two years of above average play to get a chance at an extension. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

In a world where 4 WRs is too many...

This fanbase has been so scarred by having WR corps with only 1 or 2 good receivers for so long that we have forgotten that the perennially winning teams in the league typically have at least 4 receivers who can actively perform and contribute...

18 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Given the amount of high quality WR's coming out of college each year, you could make the case that paying top of the market for a WR is a misuse of resources. 

Maybe... or you could look at it from the standpoint that this is perhaps the first time in franchise history where we are establishing a legitimate receiving corp that can be maintained for hopefully more than a year or two.

When this team starts drafting WR's as shrewdly as the Steelers have, then maybe you have a point.

Myself, I'm just happy after 20 years we are finally developing (and hopefully sustaining) a receiver corp that we can actually be proud of (beyond the fleeting moment we had Smitty & Moose together)

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Maybe... or you could look at it from the standpoint that this is perhaps the first time in franchise history where we are establishing a legitimate receiving corp that can be maintained for hopefully more than a year or two.

When this team starts drafting WR's as shrewdly as the Steelers have, then maybe you have a point.

Myself, I'm just happy after 20 years we are finally developing (and hopefully sustaining) a receiver corp that we can actually be proud of (beyond the fleeting moment we had Smitty & Moose together)

Yeah thats true as well. We need Darnold to succeed and the best way to do that is to give him playmakers. I think we are in a good position to see if he is the guy. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Marshall caught 6 passes and Smith caught 3 so far this preseason and PFF has enough info to come up with their magic grades. 

Yes our rookie wide outs look promising and yes PFF is still garbage.

I think they factor in more than just their stats.  I believe it is based on how well they run each route and if they "win" that route.  I could be mistaken though because I dont think theyve ever made their grading process that open but I believe there is more to it than just grading plays where they are thrown to.  Regardless pff is just a tool.  It's not a be all end all.  It's one tool to evaluate performances.  It's still more of a positive to be graded well than badly I'd say.

• Pie 1