• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater named starter over Drew Lock

@bonafidebanter

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

And now we have circled back to complaining about trading away a starting QB.

Huddle is amazing

It's more of a dig at the "we need a good backup QB" crowd I think. There's some cross over between them and the trade Teddy for anything crew.

He’s never going to be THE guy. Broncos fans know that and are basically hoping they can sneak into the playoffs with a good defense and run game. Like many of us here said when he was signed only way to win with Teddy is to have a great defense and run game. He’s never going to take over a meaningful game.

• Pie 1

Just now, Ivan The Awesome said:

Broncos gonna learn.

Those fans are in for a rude awakening.  Their bad QBs have at least been guys who can still sling it and tried to push things down field (to little to sometimes successful effect) and now, oh man..Teddy is going to rip them apart from the inside by his nothingness.  

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He’s never going to be THE guy. Broncos fans know that and are basically hoping they can sneak into the playoffs with a good defense and run game. Like many of us here said when he was signed only way to win with Teddy is to have a great defense and run game. He’s never going to take over a meaningful game.

I wish we were facing the Broncos this year. Would like to see how Teddy plays on the other side. 

4 minutes ago, davos said:

Those fans are in for a rude awakening.  Their bad QBs have at least been guys who can still sling it and tried to push things down field (to little to sometimes successful effect) and now, oh man..Teddy is going to rip them apart from the inside by his nothingness.  

Everything I’ve read is basically a mirror of threads last year with us. Some posters saying he’s good enough to not give you a top draft pick but not good enough to take you over the top. Some posters saying he’s a checkdown qb and rather roll with someone who has more talent, other delusional posters like the ones last year who mention one or two deep throws in NO/CAR he’s made and how hE cAn ThRoW dEeP.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, FattyFatFat said:

And paid him 17 million to do so 

Just think about that for a minute,  they thought so much of Teddy that they paid another team to take him off their hands. Kinda derails the theory that the FO was all in on Teddy doesn't it?  I still can't believe anyone thought that.

56 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Just think about that for a minute,  they thought so much of Teddy that they paid another team to take him off their hands. Kinda derails the theory that the FO was all in on Teddy doesn't it?  I still can't believe anyone thought that.

Reminds me of the conversation between Billy Beane and David Justice in Moneyball 

• Pie 2