• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are trading LB Denzel Perryman to the Las Vegas Raiders

AndrewLaskoski

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There is a rumor that the Cowboys are looking to part ways with Smith.

Honestly though, if we were trading with the Cowboys, I'd rather go for Connor McGovern.

Are we talking about Jaylon Smith?  I thought he was a good player for them.  What happened?

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So it finally starts at 9:30 and he says "The Panthers have traded Denzel Washington to the Raiders for a 6th and 7th Round Pick"... Then complains it makes Fitt look like he's only looking forward to next season and given up this year. 

So I can't take him too seriously. 

Yeah especially since we have Rhule on tape screaming at the kids at the senior bowl telling them he wants players who will challenge him and not just say "yes sir". 

Even if it is true, I bet that its a butthurt player from the Rivera era who misses the days camp being a vacation and the team not being in playing shape until mid-October.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, OceanPanther said:

When you get a 7th,,  I'm like a kid in a penny candy store with a nickel  figuring out how to spend it a year in advance.
I'm gonna spend mine on a  kicker.   Next year that is..  we apparently don't need one this year.  

What if  Fitterer actually uses this 7th  to get a trade for a kicker ( someone no one wanted anymore )  next week.   How sweet would that be 

Edited by OceanPanther

21 minutes ago, joemac said:

Are we talking about Jaylon Smith?  I thought he was a good player for them.  What happened?

From what I've read, he was good under the system they were running when he was drafted but hasn't fared well under defensive changes.

They hoped he'd be back to form under Dan Quinn but apparently it's not working out.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep, glad we got something for him. I hope we get more depth so that we don’t have to sign injured or ineffective players like Perryman, Elflein and Erving in the future. It sucks that we wasted $2M on nothing, but I think Fitterer was kind of stuck because we didn’t have enough serviceable OL and LB. Yes, Carter took the job and hopefully BC and Brown work out, but there was 0 guarantee and BC/Brown haven’t played #1 DL yet. Unless we wanted to risk Darnold getting killed or our D having a big hole, we had to throw out some money.

We definitely have a hole smack dab in the middle of our run defense (literally), but I doubt Perryman was that guy. Fingers crossed someone drops to us via waivers. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what I've read, he was good under the system they were running when he was drafted but hasn't fared well under defensive changes.

They hoped he'd be back to form under Dan Quinn but apparently it's not working out.

Damn.  Unless there is something physically wrong with him, I would DEFINITELY think about taking a flyer on him if the Cowboys cut him or want to trade him.  Just a year or 2 ago he was flying all around the field making plays for them. 

32 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

These guys are clowns. All that drama for a guy who practiced like twice and got beat out of a starting role. There are much better reasons to question rhule and fitterers moves. This isn’t one of them.

I hate sounding like a broken record but all anybody who covers this team on social media or radio does is complain and create drama about everything.  It's easer to do that for a reaction than provide useful info.