• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Joey Slye - Farewell and Good Luck

hepcat

2 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

It’s be one thing if Smith was speaking for himself but it’s almost seems like he’s relishing Slye’s yips. just feels wrong from an official Panthers announcer. Everyone can see it, no reason to rub it in. 

No wonder your last name is LaFell!!!  We think it...SMITTY speaks it!!!  TRUTH SON!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Donald LaFell said:

It’s be one thing if Smith was speaking for himself but it’s almost seems like he’s relishing Slye’s yips. just feels wrong from an official Panthers announcer. Everyone can see it, no reason to rub it in. 

I'm sure Smitty's commentary was not as soft as the Panthers would have liked it to be, but I don't think Smitty was trying to be just mean there.

I think he's keeping it real about how physically and mentally abusive this violent sport that we all enjoy, can be

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Living at The Vue and when he said on air ‘reserve the service elevator at the Vue’ I lost it lol

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I'm sure Smitty's commentary was not as soft as the Panthers would have liked it to be, but I don't think Smitty was trying to be just mean there.

I think he's keeping it real about how physically and mentally abusive this violent sport that we all enjoy, can be

He said for the guy to go to a 24 hr store and get boxes and tape. To reserve the service elevator at The Vue. 89 wasn’t being subtle lol

One of the best legs I have ever seen but just can’t get his accuracy down.

For the record Slye’s first two years are on par with the first two years of some of the best kickers in the league.

It’s matter of if he can get it together or not and if anyone wants to give home the chance and more importantly the time which is a huge ask/risk for the kicker position.

I think we need someone more reliable even if they have absolutely no chance at making a 60 yarder.