• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun maybe to the PANTHERS?!?! What?!!

Vader704

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

GTFOH…fug that

No fuggin way. That was too much BEFORE all these accusations came out. For a team that still has many holes, this would set us back substantially. Mind you, I was the one willing to give up 3 1st rounders for him before all this came about. But now way I'll add 2 2nd rounders on top of it. If Hurney was still in charge, yeah go for it because those picks would be wasted anyway. Not now with Fittermagic after seeing what he accomplished this past draft? HELL NO.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

Tepper made a very odd comment yesterday. “Wait until we have the deep ball” yes it most likely is preseason hyperbole but…

Nothing odd about that…we aren’t showing our hand in preseason…clearly that is what he said.

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Eh, you’d think and I tend to agree but implying we don’t have the deep ball does speak to this situation.

I don’t think we are hiding the deep ball to uncork it week 1. 

Reporters have noted that Sam has been playing small ball all offseason.   In practices that don’t have a lot of exposure. He basically played small ball for a half of football last night. 

I would imagine that is the plan for the immediate future at least.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jorgie said:

Itll be cheap cause they’re gonna probably cut him at the 53 man roster

At which time the patriots will scoop him up and be a contender again.... And because he is a Patriot everyone  in the media will love him. 

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

He may seem like it to you, but there is no proof that he did anything wrong. People are proclaiming him guilty before he has even been charged with a crime, much less given a trial in court.

At this point, Houston police have pressed no charges because they haven't seen any proof that the allegations are true.

You guys are naive... women have been shaking down sports stars for decades. The NBA teaches their athletes to flush condoms because women pick them.out of the trashcan and try to impregnate themselves with them. It's a harsh world out there and people will do anything to get your money these days.

This would be an elaborate criminal conspiracy if they were shaking him down.

• Beer 1

I'm cool staying pat but it will be CRAZY if we land him somehow.  I'd personally rather land Howell or Rattler and not lose more draft capital for a QB.  Or that Carson Strong.  That deep ball of his is a thing of beauty.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I don’t think we are hiding the deep ball to uncork it week 1. 

Reporters have noted that Sam has been playing small ball all offseason.   In practices that don’t have a lot of exposure. He basically played small ball for a half of football last night. 

I would imagine that is the plan for the immediate future at least.

In a practical sense, if that OL doesn't improve dramatically, those deep routes may not be available as often as we can scheme them open.

51 minutes ago, davos said:

I'm cool staying pat but it will be CRAZY if we land him somehow.  I'd personally rather land Howell or Rattler and not lose more draft capital for a QB.  Or that Carson Strong.  That deep ball of his is a thing of beauty.

I think Howell probably is going to take himself off a few draft boards since he is Captain Anti-Vaxx. If we are still dealing with this poo next spring, that isn't going to play well when the NFL has made all these rules to basically mandate being vaccinated. Just trying to stir up that normal debate but that has to be an actual draft concern given the way the NFL is currently. 

Perhaps this won't be the case in 2022, we will see.