• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Belichick says vaccination status had nothing to do with Newton's release. Breer believes him.

I'm not entirely certain whether I do 🤔

I doubt it was the deciding factor but there's no way it didn't play into it at all. They're just covering their asses. The Player's Association is investigating Urban Meyer for cutting unvaccinated players.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

So sorry for your loss.  So many tragedies...it is a world I never imagined.

This has been a tough year. I lost my first cousin Monday, his Mom two months ago (long-standing medical issues) and five months ago I lost another cousin to suicide. This has been a trying year for so very many people. I really need a good season of football to help me cope, yanno? And to enjoy that season with the folks I love.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Belichick says vaccination status had nothing to do with Newton's release. Breer believes him.

I definitely don't. I mean, he even admitted himself that he couldn't say whether or not Cam's absence influenced the depth chart decision which I take as basically an admission that it did. Even if his vaccination status didn't play a direct role in the decision, missing five days and allowing Jones an opportunity to impress as the defacto starter during that time period - including a joint practice - surely played  some role in determining the depth chart.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

i believe him.

belichick is about winning, now more than ever. i seriously doubt he risks another losing season over vaccination status when there are protocols in place for unvaccinated players. newton not following those protocols only added to the over hyped newton vs. jones "competition". if newton actually outplayed mac jones in the offseason, newton would be under center day 1.

25 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

Cam took us to more than just to the playoffs. He took the Panthers to the Superbowl in 2015.. I think he is done though. I'm ready for the Carolina Panthers to win a Superbowl..

He took this organization to new heights. Cam literally carried this fanbase into relevancy during his peak years. 

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

This has been a tough year. I lost my first cousin Monday, his Mom two months ago (long-standing medical issues) and five months ago I lost another cousin to suicide. This has been a trying year for so very many people. I really need a good season of football to help me cope, yanno? And to enjoy that season with the folks I love.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Speaking of vaccinations, glad we don't have to worry about our own QB regarding that.

Now if only there was a vaccination for Crappy O-Line play.....

Yep. I give Darnold credit here. He clearly had reservations or at least a desire to have his decision remain private, but ultimately he did the right thing whether it was for his own benefit or for the team's. Hats off.

• Pie 2

I’m not mad at Bill for cutting Cam. Cam brought this on himself, but this is not a good look for Bill answering that question in this way.

It’s obvious he doesn’t want to admit that Cam being unvaccinated played a role in him being cut, but he dropped the ball with this response.

No one is saying vaccines solve every problem or that you’ll be immune from Covid. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I’m not mad at Bill for cutting Cam. Cam brought this on himself, but this is not a good look for Bill answering that question in this way.

It’s obvious he doesn’t want to admit that Cam being unvaccinated played a role in him being cut, but he dropped the ball with this response.

No one is saying vaccines solve every problem or that you’ll be immune from Covid. 

Yep. I get it. One way or the other, Belichick wants to sell this as a purely performance based decision. Completely understandable but he should probably STFU with the misinformation. Simply call it a performance based decision and move on. He's usually really good at saying as little as possible to the media. This is a great time to stick to that philosophy.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Folks against it use that as their current excuse "People with the vax are getting it, so why bother?" 

Look where that got Perryman lol.

• Pie 1