• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waiver wire and free agent folly. Who we getting?

Zod

Some names that jumped out to me (then google verified lol):

Tyrell Cosby OT - Could start at LT with Moton at RT

Jermaine Eleumunor LG - Here's a starting LG

Reid Sinnett QB

Nate Hairston CB Temple (yep, I said it, get one of them 2015 Owls in here)

Karl Joseph S

My biggest wish is a Paradis and/or Elflein replacement

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Michael Jordan got cut by the Bengals. Young guy. Started 19 games. He honestly couldn't be worse. 

I want him.

Just because I'd do the Jordan Bulls intro every. fuging. game. I live for the memes. 

"Starting at LG, from THE Ohio State University.... Michael Joooooooooordan".

• Flames 1

CBS mentions three tackles as "hot commodities":

OT Carson Green 

Released by: Texans
Draft status: UDFA - 2021
Positional athleticism: High-caliber

I had a fourth-round grade on Green just a few months ago before he ultimately went undrafted out of Texas A&M. Of course, to me, he had no business not being selected after the reliable career he had in Jimbo Fisher's Aggie program. He started 40 games in the SEC and was rarely, if ever a liability. 

In the preseason, Green allowed a single pressure on 44 pass-blocking snaps. Of course, the clearly rebuilding (tanking?) Texans decided to release a promising young offensive lineman. I mean, it's not as if blocking has been an issue for that team's offensive recently or anything. 

OT Tyrell Crosby

Released by: Lions
Draft status: Round 5 - 2018
Positional athleticism: Above-average

One of the annual guarantees in the NFL -- new coaches and GMs are content in releasing good players because they have no connection to them. Crosby is the latest example of said phenomenon. Crosby logged more than 1,100 regular-season snaps in his NFL career, the vast majority of which have come at right tackle, the others at left tackle. 

The former Oregon star is what every coaching staff should want to see from a Day 3 selection -- marked improvement in each season. Crosby's pressure-allowance rate went from 8.2% in 2019 (when he assumed swing tackle duties) to 4.7% last season in the largest role he'd assumed in his NFL career (424 snaps). 

OT Derwin Gray 

Released by: Jaguars
Draft status: Round 7 - 2019
Positional athleticism: Below-average

Gray's only received nine regular-season snaps in his NFL career -- in 2020 -- but he's been rock-solid in the preseason with five pressures allowed on 116 pass-blocking snaps. Like others on this list, Gray is much smoother on the field than his combine workout would have ever predicted. 

In his final season at Maryland, Gray only surrendered seven pressures on 218 pass-blocking snaps. At nearly 6-5 and 320 pounds with lengthy 34 1/2-inch arms, he has the measurements and preseason production worthy of latching on as a legitimate developmental tackle in a league that is short on quality tackles. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

1 hour ago, davos said:

Some names that jumped out to me (then google verified lol):

Tyrell Cosby OT - Could start at LT with Moton at RT

Jermaine Eleumunor LG - Here's a starting LG

Reid Sinnett QB

Nate Hairston CB Temple (yep, I said it, get one of them 2015 Owls in here)

Karl Joseph S

My biggest wish is a Paradis and/or Elflein replacement

Great List:

Add Carson Green from Houston. 
See my post before this one

Ryan Kalil was a bad G (during his rookie year--too small) and so I am hoping Elf is the next center--maybe he should be the current center.  Either way, LG can't be left to Daley.  He might pull a Hammy checking his mail. 

Personally?  I think Christensen is the LG (they will come to realize this later) if Moton stays at RT.

• Beer 1