• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I'm for real so sick and tired of reading you people whine about Rhule keeping guys he is familiar with. Like literally every other coach in the history of the NFL. I just want to read about our acquisitions. Im sick of you cry babies

Yup, when Pete Carroll left for Seattle, his first few years were filled with Trojans, the fans weren’t pleased….till one of the guys he picked up in the 7th round won the MVP in their Super Bowl win.  It’s familiarity, they also try for the guys they recruited and missed out on.  

The draft is a crap shoot, so they tend to go with guys they know.  It stops after a few years.  

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They like finding good skill sets and coaching them up.  Morgan--has the size and the tools, but just was not part of that Bowling Green/Florida International QB pipeline to the NFL...I think Jordan is a good athlete that MIGHT be out of position at Cincy--he could be a center or maybe he is more of a pure RG if that makes any sense....But in the wide zone, I expect him to be better than what he was at Cincy.

Erving--good athlete, can play all 5 OL positions.

Elflein--good athlete, can play G/C.

Christensen--good athlete, can play 4 OL positions (questionably)

We are seeing a pattern, but will they keep Darnold safe?  I expect to see a lot of running the football, lotta short passes, not a lotta deep passes. Sounds like Bridgewater, but Darnold was hitting the WRs in stride so they could gain YACs. 

Fitterer---if you can't pick an OL, get someone in who can.  We need to protect Darnold if we are going to succeed.

This is what the Seahawks have done every since they drafted Wilson.  Don't draft one guy who plays 1 position really well.  Instead, draft a bunch of guys who can play a bunch of position ok. Then mix and match until you find something that works.  I hope it works here better than it has with the Seahawks. 

Edited by bababoey
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Bailey interviewed Corey Miller on WFNZ a few minutes ago and had some choice comments about how he felt the Panthers treated his son --- he was pissed.

Straight out said Christian was cut because he chose to sit out last year...

...also said Brian Burns was the only linebacker on the roster who had played better than Christian during training camp.

he's kinda of a bitch for sitting out last year though. good riddance

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Sione Fua said:

PJ is a competent XFL QB, but that’s about where it ends.

Brayvion Roy is a waste of a roster spot, as is Colin Thompson. All three guys are low floor, low ceiling guys.

It’s back of the roster, fringe guys. I mean really….who cares?

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, RomanG18 said:

From a Bengal fan for what it's worth "He was the guy that fell on Burrow. It was a freak accident and you could tell he felt terrible about it. But he had a fantastic camp and preseason under much better coaching and was a starter on our first roster, so a lot of us Bengals fans were willing to give him a second chance bc of all the news saying he was our best OL in preseason. Which makes it all the more puzzling as to why he was cut. Either way, you guys are getting a starting OL for essentially no risk, so its a great signing even just for depth."

Thanks for the info and posts.  BTW…saw a Roman Gabriel speech one time and the man was inspiring to say the least.  Love that dude.

• Beer 1