• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Execs rank the Panthers in the nfc

Zod

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Falcons are baffling. What are they doing? It looks like they're going full rebuild but ha going onto Matt Ryan? He's likely to keep them out of position to get his legit successor while eating up massive cap space. If they're gonna rebuild, they should've dealt him 

yeah they're kinda half and half ing it

of course none of you want think about it but there's one team that makes a lot of sense for the end of ryan's career.....

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

yeah they're kinda half and half ing it

of course none of you want think about it but there's one team that makes a lot of sense for the end of ryan's career.....

I hated the Teddy signing because it turned out to be exactly what I expected. A lot of money for a guy who would be just good enough to keep us out of reach of the top QB prospects. At least Darnold has boom/bust potential. I just hope it's one or the other. Be the answer or suck bad enough to get us the answer.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hated the Teddy signing because it turned out to be exactly what I expected. A lot of money for a guy who would be just good enough to keep us out of reach of the top QB prospects. At least Darnold has boom/bust potential. I just hope it's one or the other. Be the answer or suck bad enough to get us the answer.

see, that is where we disagree.  Sam Darnold can 100% look like the exact same guy from NY....and we end up 8-9 or 7-10

Sam's bad isn't top pick bad....unless you the tank your roster. 

45 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Thinking Teddy would be a better option than Darnold already nullifies the rest of that voter’s opinion.  Couldn’t be any more wrong.  Did he even watch the team play?  

but, yeah.  It’s fair.  Inconsistent ratings for an inconsistent team.  

It has to be Hurney. 

We could be good, or we could be nightmare terrible. That's is perfectly reasonable. You could reasonably predict any kind of record and make your case for it. If Darnold is terrible then this team will be a dumpster fire. If any teams QB turns out to be terrible you're looking at a disaster. We have NO idea what Darnold is going to do this season. Unless you've had access to all of our practices you don't know what's coming.

Preseason has not told us anything. One play Darnold holds the ball and shuffles his feet for what felt like and hour trying to go deep. Are we getting that Darnold? We'll get destroyed. Other plays he was on time and target with his throws. Are we getting Darnold? Could have a winning season. Who knows. The sample size of what we've seen is too small.

The Panthers coaching staff knows what is coming. The rest of us have the privilege of being surprised when the season starts. 

The defense is good enough to hold it's own if the offense is doing it's part. If the offense is a sackfest of 3 and outs, then it won't matter what we do on defense. It's too hard to stop passes in today's NFL, so our defense will crumble without a good offense. It's all on Darnold if this doesn't work. He weapons all around him, and we will NEVER have a premium o-line, so it's now or hit the bricks.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

if we win a third of the one-score losses from last year we're a playoff team.

This Right Here. Literally we hung in with the Chiefs til the end. If we had CMC last year we wouldve made it. Seems like a good assessment of the team. Its really about what we get out of Darnold. Every position but LB and Oline is stacked. Defense alone will keep us in every game. Its just if the offense can click.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We could be good, or we could be nightmare terrible. That's is perfectly reasonable. You could reasonably predict any kind of record and make your case for it. If Darnold is terrible then this team will be a dumpster fire. If any teams QB turns out to be terrible you're looking at a disaster. We have NO idea what Darnold is going to do this season. Unless you've had access to all of our practices you don't know what's coming.

Preseason has not told us anything. One play Darnold holds the ball and shuffles his feet for what felt like and hour trying to go deep. Are we getting that Darnold? We'll get destroyed. Other plays he was on time and target with his throws. Are we getting Darnold? Could have a winning season. Who knows. The sample size of what we've seen is too small.

The Panthers coaching staff knows what is coming. The rest of us have the privilege of being surprised when the season starts. 

The defense is good enough to hold it's own if the offense is doing it's part. If the offense is a sackfest of 3 and outs, then it won't matter what we do on defense. It's too hard to stop passes in today's NFL, so our defense will crumble without a good offense. It's all on Darnold if this doesn't work. He weapons all around him, and we will NEVER have a premium o-line, so it's now or hit the bricks.

I think we're going to get good Darnold & bad Darnald throughout the season. It will at least be more entertaining than watching the Teddy.  

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think we're going to get good Darnold & bad Darnald throughout the season. It will at least be more entertaining than watching the Teddy.  

Here's a question for you :

Will the team be able to offset the "bad Darnold" and win some games he struggles in?    (this is where CMC comes in and where the "D" steps up, I think)