• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Worst undefeated team" Its coming, we've been there.

thunderraiden

Vikings and eagles are good teams too despite their records. If we can beat them and Dallas I’ll feel more comfortable about us being competitive against great to elite teams. We might lose to one or two in that stretch but if we continue to show growth I’ll be happy. I think we have an outside chance of making the playoffs this year just because this defense looks really legit. Bills and Tampa twice to end the season comes after our week 13 bye. We’re gonna have to stack a bunch of wins before then to have a shot.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They had 5 listed as out and 4 listed as questionable. I think they ended up missing 8 players as well as 8 coaches.

Which doesn’t include the guys they placed on IR and are out for 3 weeks.    Starting DE and LB.  

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

Which doesn’t include the guys they placed on IR and are out for 3 weeks.    Starting DE and LB.  

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a win - especially a divisional win over a team that's been kicking our ass as of late - but I also acknowledge the reality that we caught the Saints on the perfect week. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-cowboys-broncos-steelers-seahawks-saints/9qfapkyllfjx1nx3xuaxh1f1e

Ranked 20th in this one (note: the Broncos, who are also 2-0, are ranked one spot below us). From the article:

It's hard to get a good read on the Panthers after the Jets and Saints made a lot of mistakes in the matchups against them and Sam Darnold simply did what he needed playing off Christian McCaffrey and the aggressive young defense. But that does look like a pretty good formula for wild card-targeted success.

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

We might be the worst 2-0 team, it's a battle between us the Broncos, and Raiders, and I think all 3 are about even, not an insult to any of them, but none of them (or us) are to the level of the Bucs, Rams or 49ers right now.

Look, I love what we've done so far, Darnold looks solid, CMC is the best RB in the game and showing it, and the defense looks like a definite top 10 unit.

But none of that changes how young and unproven we are, having beat a terrible Jets team and a Saints squad missing half a dozen starters, a bunch of backups, and almost their entire offensive coaching staff, who have also been living on the road for the better part of the last month.

I was optimistic coming into the season, and it's grown since then, but you still need to keep things in perspective, despite even the expected 3-0 start to the season, making the playoffs will still be questionable and even if we just miss out, it won't be a disappointment of a season as this team looks to be growing under Rhule.

I have high hopes for the next few years, but this isn't our year, we're not there yet.

Why do we need to keep things in perspective? Maybe the players do but I can have unbridled enthusiasm and total excitement about kicking the saints butt and it isn't going to stop or change anything. In fact if we win on Thursday I might even get cocky. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

this board has always had such a victim/persecution complex my god.  why care so much about braindead sports media pundits, whose entire purpose is to traffic in hot takes?  jesus.  focus on turning a clearly external locus of control to an internal one and it will improve your life measurably.  

How about you focus on your own internal locus of control and not get so worked up about fans complaining that they feel the media is underrating their team.

19 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Why do we need to keep things in perspective? Maybe the players do but I can have unbridled enthusiasm and total excitement about kicking the saints butt and it isn't going to stop or change anything. In fact if we win on Thursday I might even get cocky. 

I would love nothing more myself.  I think I'm going to save mine for when they kick Dallas ass all up a down the field. 

2 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

I don't think so.

They were missing Lattimore, Gardner-Johnson, Kwon Alexander, Michael Thomas, Tre'Quan Smith and whoever their center is. 

The equivalent of us missing Horn, DJax, Shaq, DJ, Robbie and Paradis all in one game. 

So yeah, a big chunk of their roster. Which is why I'm happy for the win, but not exactly ready to claim the World Beaters title. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1